Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal immigrant debate sparks accusations of racism

WBBH-TV
    COLLIER COUNTY: Collier County Commissioners say taxpayers are paying way too much to support illegal immigrants and they have lashed out at the federal government. Using information from an NBC2 investigation, commissioners approved a resolution demanding more border protection for Collier County.

The NBC2 investigation uncovered illegal immigrants sitting in Collier County jails cost taxpayers around $8.5 million a year.

"I did get the $8.5 million from the report, because we did some research," said Coyle.

Coyle lashed out at the federal government for not protecting our borders on Tuesday and it is a concern shared by the entire commission.

Coyle went on to say illegal immigrants living outside the jail cost taxpayers even more.

"We also have large medical costs and social service costs in Collier County. Our schools are over-burdened with people who shouldn't be there quite frankly," said Coyle.

Victor Valdes, of the League of Latin American Citizens, says Collier County government leaders have no business in the immigration debate and that they are trying to rid the community of diversity.

Valdes had a message for Commissioner Coyle.

"You are a racist, you are a racist," said Valdes. "Let immigration do their job."

It did not take long for Coyle to respond to the comment.

"First time I've been called racist, but the people call me lots of things because they can't debate the issues. They have to resort to name calling," said Coyle.

Valdes says Collier County needs illegal immigrants to do the work others won't.

"Illegal aliens are good for the economy," said Valdes.

"Absolutely ridiculous. If we need the labor, we can get people here legally," responded Coyle.

The commissioners will now send the resolution to President George Bush, Governor Charlie Crist, state lawmakers, and leaders with other communities experiencing the same problem.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17600432/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17600432/
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Residents angry over free prenatal care

Residents angry over free prenatal care
    By MELISSA BUSCH
    PhillyBurbs.com
    They said it looked as if Montgomery County was reaching out to illegal immigrants. More Philadelphia Suburbs news

Some Montgomery County taxpayers are challenging a county program that provides prenatal services to uninsured illegal immigrants.

Until late last week, the county's Web site said its prenatal services program, funded this year with a $192,000 state grant, was available to Montgomery County pregnant women who had been “rejected by medical assistance because of undocumented residency status.”

The county changed that statement to say the program is available to low-income pregnant residents who are “rejected by medical assistance,” after residents complained at Thursday's commissioners meeting that it looked as if the county was reaching out to illegal immigrants and forgetting about U.S. citizens.

The program provides prenatal lab tests, pharmacy services, and assistance with nutrition issues and smoking cessation to help reduce infant mortality and preventable diseases.

“You're making it more comfortable for [illegal immigrants],” Ruth Miller, of East Norriton, said during the meeting. “You're shirking your duties by doing this. How many American citizens will be turned away for lack of funding because [illegal aliens] are getting [health care]?”

County spokesman John Corcoran said illegal immigrants won't be turned away, but comments by Miller and two other women at last week's meeting triggered the change in the Web site.

“We looked into it and it was a mistake,” Corcoran said of the Web wording. “So it was clarified to just say it was for anyone rejected by medical assistance, because that's who it's for.”

Program funding comes through the Pennsylvania Department of Health's Maternal and Child Health grant.

Human services director Joe Roynan said many Mexican nationals take advantage of the program. It was unclear Monday afternoon exactly how many undocumented mothers have used the services.

“It's a worthy program,” Roynan said. “Once born, that child is a resident.”

Miller objected, saying: “Before he is born, his mother is an illegal immigrant and should be deported.”

SERVICES AVAILABLE

Services are available at: Family OB/GYN Center of Montgomery at 15 W. Wood St. in Norristown, (610) 270-2488; and Mercy Suburban OB/GYN Center at 2701 DeKalb Street in Norristown, (610) 278-2171.

Melissa Busch can be reached at 215-957-8168 or mbusch@phillyBurbs.com.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17928389/
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Victor Valdes, of the League of Latin American Citizens, says Collier County government leaders have no business in the immigration debate and that they are trying to rid the community of diversity.

Valdes had a message for Commissioner Coyle.

"You are a racist, you are a racist," said Valdes. "Let immigration do their job."

"First time I've been called racist, but the people call me lots of things because they can't debate the issues. They have to resort to name calling," said Coyle.
    Stick a sock in it, you ass.

You're getting pretty nervous now, aren't you?
    Hmmmm, Americans have about had it with ILLEGALS SUCKING OUR COMMUNITIES DRY and you're very very worried.

The COST IN DOLLARS to Americans is leaking out. You're scared and you're a coward. What's worse, you, sir, are the RACIST.
    But you sure as hell aren't an AMERICAN.

What does diversity or race have to do with being an ILLEGAL ALIEN?
    Not one damned thing. However, since mexico's desire is to send 3/4 of their uneducated population to the USA, I suppose to YOU, this is a race issue.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned

2ndamendsis saw this one coming in a post the other night! Mr. Coyle sounds like he is on top of this one! I think from the article it is easy to see who is "racist" and who is anti-American at the same time.

Banned
    Happy Easter, 2ndamendsis!

I think our minds work alike! Scary, huh???

HAPPY EASTER!!!!

Oliver, are you back in beautiful Idaho YET?

Yup, SCARY {congress look out!}
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Yep, I'm back but not fully functional, long day, but has that ever stopped me?

"You are a racist, you are a racist," said Valdes.

Hey Valdes. That card's not working anymore in the US. You devalued it to the point you are the little boy that cried racist.

Please keep saying that over and over because each time you use that term in this way it loses power.

One day you may run into some real racists Valdes. Me and many other Americans, you abused with your false charges, will be much less sympathetic to your plight.

Valdes. You are a GOON.

W

Re: Illegal immigrant debate sparks accusations of racism

Quote Originally Posted by mapwife
    WBBH-TV
    COLLIER COUNTY: Collier County Commissioners say taxpayers are paying way too much to support illegal immigrants and they have lashed out at the federal government. Using information from an NBC2 investigation, commissioners approved a resolution demanding more border protection for Collier County.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17600432/

MR. Valdes
    I'd LIKE TO KNOW WHO DIED AND LEFT YOU BOSS...THAT YOU THINK YOU CAN DICTATE who should and shouldn't discuss the illegal alien crisis and what has to be done..this is the ducky attitute of open border activist and illegal aliens who think Americans don't have the right to fight and openly disagree with the wrong doing by our government...The illegals think they are still in their country where they can't. It amazes me how they want our government to control our speech and how the government keeps changing words so as not to hurt their feelings of being illegal and our main-line national and local news doesn't report chaos in mexico, the border states and the whole crisis at large in the country. Most of these people don't live it or in it...so they don't give a damn about us that do.
    "W" because of you, the activist here, some cable commentators, a few congress people and other home grown sites the news is getting out there.

THE ONLY RACIST IS THE GOVERNMENT TO CHARGES ILLEGALS "OTM" THEY GET A RIDE HOME AFTER HEALTH CARE.
    THE 2 CRIMINALS ARE MEXICO GOVERNMENT AND IT'S ILLEGALS ENTERING ILLEGALLY... ONE STATE SENT MEXICO A BILL...49 MORE STATES NEED TO FOLLOW....
    <div>If a squirrel goes up a politician's pants... You can bet...he'll come-back down hungry.....

</div>

Yes, the word 'racist' is used by people who lack the intelligence to argue the point of being legal and illegal. Or, they defy acknowleging the difference and they use this word to deflect the issue. Alot of them have been rehursed to cry racism when they don't get their way. The word is used for the lack of a better term or argument and alot of them lack the intelligence to conjure up a better term or argument. Or, they just don't have a good command of a better vocabulary.

When I say 'rehursed', I say this with meaning. Two years ago, my wife and kids drove to North Georgia from Ft. Lauderdale. I would have gone with them but I had taken alot of vacation time due to my father's death at the time and had to remain at home to work. There was this hotel in South Georgia that my wife had decided to stay overnight. She told me that her and the kids were poolside and talking with other people when all of a sudden, 40- 50 hispanics (she said they looked Mexican) filed out of one of the hotel rooms, as if they had been having a meeting in the room. Since she told me this, I have always been aware that there is a briefing that these illegals go through--how to claim for benefits, yell racist when you don't get your way, join La Raza, etc. I also believe that George Bush is behind all of this.