Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal immigrant faces second felony conviction

Illegal immigrant faces second felony conviction
    By Russ Krebs/Fremont TribuneTuesday, Nov 11, 2008 - 10:29:14 am CST
    A man in the country illegally could have avoided a second felony conviction if the current immigration procedures at the Dodge County Jail were in place earlier, a prosecutor said.

Leocadio Salas, 57, of Fremont pleaded guilty to two separate counts of driving during a 15-year suspension, Class IV felonies. In exchange for his plea, charges of false reporting, a Class I misdemeanor, and theft by exercising control, a Class II misdemeanor, were dismissed.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents have placed an immigration hold on Salas and he will remain in custody pending sentencing.

Salas is accused of stealing gas May 18 while his driver’s license was suspended for

15 years. His driving privileges had been suspended for 15 years after his fourth drunken driving conviction in 2003.

Salas posted bond and was released from custody.

He also is accused of driving on Sept. 30.

“It’s good that we now have these ICE holds,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MY GOD! How was he allowed to stay after the first or second DUI? No license? No problem... laws simply do not apply to me!