Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Immigrant in ICE custody loses Penis to cancer -

blames gov't for it. HA! You cant make this crap up!

Man Sues ICE Over Loss Of Penis

POSTED: 8:05 pm PDT November 2, 2007
    UPDATED: 11:38 am PDT November 3, 2007

LOS ANGELES -- A Salvadoran man with terminal cancer is suing the government, claiming he was denied proper medical treatment when he was detained at an immigration facility.

Francisco Castaneda, who is facing deportation, filed suit in federal court Wednesday, accusing federal and state agencies of providing negligent medical care.

Castaneda, 35, claims the cancer wouldn't have reached the terminal stage if he'd received proper treatment. His penis was amputated after he was freed from federal custody in February and he's undergoing chemotherapy.

According to his lawsuit, a doctor first noticed a growth on his penis in December 2005 while Castaneda was in state prison.

After being released, he was transferred to Immigration and Customers Enforcement custody.

There, he repeatedly sought treatment from medical staff while detained for 10 months, but recommended examinations were never done, the suit claims.

After a biopsy was recommended, a supervising doctor said it was an elective procedure and would not be provided, the suit said. Other physicians or officials at agency headquarters also refused recommendations for a biopsy or surgery.

"Government officials imposed a death sentence on Mr. Castaneda, without benefit of judge or jury, by their failure to provide a simple and inexpensive diagnostic procedure to rule out a life-threatening disease," said his attorney, Conal Doyle.

A doctor finally ordered a biopsy in late January this year, saying Castaneda likely had cancer, but ICE decided to release him 11 days later instead, according to the suit.

ICE spokeswoman Virginia Kice said she couldn't comment on Castaneda's case, but added, "We take the health and welfare of those in our custody very seriously."

Castaneda eventually had a biopsy and surgery at a Los Angeles County hospital, but the cancer has continued to spread.

While his attorneys said they couldn't explain why Castaneda was freed, the suit speculates the government wanted to avoid paying for the biopsy.
    Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

http://www.10news.com/news/14501798/detail.html

The real solution would have been to expedite his removal so he could get the treatment he needed back at home.

He/his lawyer are trying to make the US (ICE) the 'bad guy' - but they didn't choose for this man to violate immigration law - he did that. And when you break the law, there are consequences. And sometimes, those consequences are unpredictable and potentially fatal.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh well, our President and Congress have lost their testicles so the two will go hand in hand.
    Che Guevara wears a picture of ME on his t-shirt.

When I worked in the ER...I would have people come in at some ungodly hour...and I would ask
    what are you here to be seen for....
    reply...I have this lump...
    I would ask When did you notice it...etc...etc...
    reply...about 3 years ago....
    I would ask what brought you to the ER tonight...?????Pain...etc....
    reply...No ...It just looks bigger and I don't want it to be cancer or something bad
    Three years and in the middle of the night it is now an emergency
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

"Castaneda, 35, claims the cancer wouldn't have reached the terminal stage if he'd received proper treatment." ... no he'd be dead by now if he was in EL Salvador!

"Castaneda eventually had a biopsy and surgery at a Los Angeles County hospital, but the cancer has continued to spread."... he's still in the US, why?

What a load of manure! Now he wants mega bucks to send back to El Salvador.

This cetainly gives a new meaning to "losing one's head."
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

MW
    While his attorneys said they couldn't explain why Castaneda was freed, the suit speculates the government wanted to avoid paying for the biopsy.
    I want to know why he wasn't deported immediately! I'm sick of our judicial system allowing illegals to delay their deportation. These folks should not have the option of using our taxpayer supported courts to fight deportation. If you're illegal, you're illegal, there is no grey area involved.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by sgt_shlitz
    Oh well, our President and Congress have lost their testicles so the two will go hand in hand.

But seriously....I have a question. Did this man have the means by which to pay for his medical treatment? I mean, does he actually think the U.S. was obligated to treat him for his cancer....regardless of whether he was in I.C.E. custody or not?

The U.S. is has no obligation to treat illegal aliens' cancer. They need to go home and demand medical care from their own government.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

I say we post his picture with the following translated into Spanish:

Come to the US illegally and you too can lose your penis" that should cut down on illegals

(Calm down, I was only joking, kind of )
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And, we should have posed the very sad, but obvious retort from the start...

"So what?" This happens to Americans all the time. (Even *if* they are uninsured and later get treatment, many - maybe most - will be so financially drained in paying their bills that the darker outcome might not have been so bad after all...)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast