Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal immigrant in Kansas sentenced to 3 years for possess

Illegal immigrant in Kansas sentenced to 3 years for possessing loaded handgun
    kwch.com
    By Associated Press
    4:02 a.m. CDT, August 26, 2011

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — An illegal immigrant from Mexico has been sentenced in Kansas to three years in federal prison for possessing a firearm.

U.S. Attorney Barry Grissom says foreign nationals who are in the U.S. illegally are not permitted to possess firearms of any kind. He called the case against Guadalupe Rodriguez-Mendoza another example of the federal government's focus on criminal immigrants.

U.S. District Judge Eric Melgren handed down the sentence Wednesday.

Rodriguez-Mendoza, from the Mexican state of Sinaloa, pleaded guilty in June to possessing a loaded 9 mm handgun.

Authorities serving a state arrest warrant found the gun in his possession in 2009. He was indicted then on the federal firearm charge, but did not appear until April when he was found in Arizona facing federal charges for illegal re-entry after deportation.

http://www.kwch.com/news/sns-ap-ks--imm ... 7409.story
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Tried and sentenced in a criminal court. How does that effect immigration courts again?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That is funny So they only have one Mexican in Wichita that has a gun? I lived in Wichita for 25 years and I would tell you a very different story
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou