Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

He did what he should have done as a human being. Similar acts of kindness occur across this country on a regular basis. Locally, two women saw a man lying on the side of the road, called 911 and stayed with him until paramedics arrived. He had been missing for a week after he wrecked his car. The car was not visible from the road. He had managed to crawl to the location where the women saw him.

Those women saved his life, but it didn’t make the national news. It made the local news due to the fact that the man had been missing, and the local news channels had been asking for assistance.

Had this guy not been an illegal alien, this story would not have received national attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Immigrantgrl
    Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    Oh puleeeeez, do you really think this one little good samaritan act makes up for all the devastation and destruction the illegals have caused U.S. citizens?

Pat Senor Wonderful on the back, and then send him back to Mexico and tell him to come back the right way.
    what devastation & destruction?? arent u being a little too dramatic??
    Not at all, Immigrantgrl.

Have you seen what the illegal aliens have done to our deserts along the U.S./Mexican border? The trash is so overwhelming that it would cost millions to clean it up. And it's getting worse by the day.

Have you seen the destruction to Southern California neighborhoods?

Have you noticed the numerous emergency rooms that have closed their doors due to illegal immigrants draining them dry?

Did you know 12-25 American citizens are killed every day by illegal aliens...either murdered or killed by illegal alien drunk drivers?

I could go on and on here, but just spend a little time reading some of our news stories, and you'll see that I'm not being overly dramatic at all.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

ATTENTION IN REGARD TO THE POLL ON RICKs show............

when i went and voted in the poll about 35 minutes after the show started,
    the vote was 67-33 opposing letting this illegal staying in the US....
    IMAGINE my surprise at the end of the show when RICK said it was 67-33
    favoring to allow the illegal stay in the US....

ALSO has anyone thinks this is just coincidence... the van goes off the cliff in a remote area thats a known smuggler route and this guy just HAPPENS to come along.... how do we know that the van wasnt coming for him and his other illegal buddies???????
    makes you think

as im sure there are lots of stories that illegals do but they dont ever make the news. i get tired of hearing how they kill & maim americans & yet we dont turn around & look around us & see that there are more americans killing americans..innocent americans..

its very sad that some illegals come into this country & have no respect for it & they commit crimes.. such as dui's but its not fair that because of them every illegal immigrant gets categorized
    Quite possibly, they don't make the news. I am also tired of hearing how they maim and kill Americans - I am even more tired of it happening.

Yes, Americans do the same thing - but that has nothing to do with illegal immigration. We have plenty of homegrown miscreants - we don't need to import any more. We'll never get a handle on our own problems if we keep getting swamped with those from other countries.

That is a common thing though, to talk about how awful Americans are and therefore we should somehow forgive and forget the awful things illegals do? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Just had someone tell me the illegals don't rip us off nearly as bad as our on politicians do so we shouldn't complain about them? ????

One has nothing to do with the other.

No one has categorized all illegals as accident causing drunk drivers - never. But they are all here illegally. The reason I mention the drunk drivers, molestors, rapists, murderers, etc., is because there is so much in the media of how they are just 'all hard working people, etc., etc.' - and they most certainly are not. There are some people in this country who are not aware of all the damage they do - someone has to try to counteract the media and politician's spin of wonderful family values ascribed to the entire illegal population.

And yes, I do think it is something that any of us I have read posting on this site would do. It is what the biggest majority of Americans would do .

No he doesn't deserve citizenship - let's take up a collection, deducting a fine for being here illegally, and send him back home.

I am sure there are many stories out there of Americans helping illegal aliens that never, never gets told, either - but it happens.

If not for the generous and kind nature of Americans, this would never have gotten a foothold.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Santa Cruz Sheriff Says Illegals Aren't 'Criminals'?

Posted By Warner Todd Huston On November 30, 2007 @ 8:34 am In Media, Current Events, Vox Populi | 1 Comment

The AP has used the somewhat heartwarming tale of an illegal alien who found an American boy and his mother suffering from a car accident in the Arizona desert and stayed with them until help arrived as an excuse to plead that [1] illegals aren't "criminals" and should somehow be given a break. The AP tried to pin this wild leap in logic on Santa Cruz County Sheriff Tony Estrada, but they offer no quote marks around the sentence, so it is hard to say if the Sheriff really said that or the AP was extrapolating and putting words in the Sheriff's mouth. Still, that this one illegal did something morally right even while he was breaking our laws, does not erase all the illegalities and law breaking that every other illegal immigrant has done over the last 30 years. Nor does it erase the fact that this particular illegal was breaking the law even as he was nice enough to help the little boy and his mother.

Here is the tale:

PHOENIX (AP) — A 9-year-old boy looking for help after his mother crashed their van in the southern Arizona desert was rescued by a man entering the U.S. illegally, who stayed with him until help arrived the next day, an official said.

The 45-year-old woman, who eventually died while awaiting help, had been driving on a U.S. Forest Service road in a remote area just north of the Mexican border when she lost control of her van on a curve on Thanksgiving, Sheriff Tony Estrada said.

The van vaulted into a canyon and landed 300 feet from the road, he said. The woman, from Rimrock, north of Phoenix, survived the impact but was pinned inside, Estrada said.

Her son, unhurt but disoriented, crawled out to get help and was found about two hours later by Jesus Manuel Cordova, 26, of Magdalena de Kino in the northern Mexican state of Sonora. Unable to pull the mother out, he comforted the boy while they waited for help.

As night came on, Mr. Cordova built a fire to keep them warm and stayed with the boy until a couple of hunters spotted them and called for help. Cordova was taken into custody by Border Patrol agents and slated for return to his country.

OK, it was nice that Mr. Cordova had that pang of conscience enough to stay by this helpless child. It is possible he saved the boy's life, and if he didn't really save his life he certainly comforted the poor, scared kid through the trauma which may or may not have made the whole mess less of a trauma on him. For that Mr. Cordova deserves warm congratulations for his efforts and the knowledge that he did the right thing by the child.

But he doesn't deserve a free pass into our country.

Here is how the AP ends their story (My Bold):

Cordova likely saved the boy, Estrada said, and his actions should remind people not to quickly characterize illegal immigrants as criminals.

"They do get demonized for a lot of reasons, and they do a lot of good. Obviously this is one example of what an individual can do," he said.

Notice that they do not have quote marks around the words they attribute to Sheriff Estrada in the first sentence, there? The sentiment that illegals aren't "criminals" is hard to square coming out of the mouth of a man tasked with upholding American laws via the office of county sheriff, isn't it? If Sheriff Estrada really feels this way, it would seem to me that he is violating his oath of office at least in sentiment if not in actual operations. Still, since the AP did not use any quote marks, we cannot with any certainty say that Sheriff Estrada thinks illegals are all innocents, here. And with the track record of the AP, with its history of lies and obfuscating the truth, we cannot assume that they are actually presenting Estrada's sentiments correctly. So, excuse me if I do not take for granted the AP's claim that Sheriff Estrada said that illegals aren't criminals.

After all, good people individually or no, illegals ARE criminals. You break a law and you ARE a criminal.

Further the sentence they do place quote marks around is not really the same sentiment as that in the unattributed sentence, exactly. Estrada says that illegals get "demonized." I can agree with that. Sometimes anti-illegal immigrant activists get a bit carried away with how supposedly evil illegal immigrants really are. A dispassionate review of this issue can easily agree that illegals are sometimes overly "demonized." Then the Sheriff says they "do a lot of good." No one is saying all they do is necessarily bad, you know? Illegally immigrating here is the bad thing, but it does not follow that all illegal immigrants are somehow bad people because of it. But, like I said, even if they are basically good people, that inherent goodness does not absolve them of their lawbreaking.

So, I have suspicions that the AP might have exaggerated our good Sheriff's words a bit. I have sent a query to the Sheriff's dept. to see if they will respond and if I get an answer, I'll post an update. But, even if the Sheriff agrees with the APs characterization of his words, Mr. Cordova was a nice guy — that is beyond dispute and no one should quibble with that. But, he still does not deserve to enter our country illegally solely because he was a nice fellow!

This treatment, however, so easily fits the leftist playbook that guides the APs writing. You see, in that vein of thinking, it doesn't matter that laws were broken. And it's all because he "meant well." For the left, the ends always justifies the means.

http://mensnewsdaily.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

A reward for Jesus Manuel Cordova?

U.S. Rep. Raul Grijalva next week plans to file a private bill aimed at allowing Jesus Manuel Cordova a chance to return to the United States by a new route -- a legal one.

Cordova is the illegal immigrant who'd been walking two days in order to reach the U.S. when he encountered a 9-year-old boy whose mother lay dying nearby after driving off a cliff. Cordova stayed with the boy that night and the next morning when help arrived, he was nailed by the Border Patrol. Cordova accepted what's called a "voluntary departure," which means he is not eligible to apply for legal entry for five years.

There is no way under current law to allow Cordova to return, according to Marie Sebrects, public affairs officer for US Citizenship and Immigration Servicves. In fact, it would take an act of Congress.

Enter Grijalva, who says his office has been hearing from people who believe the man deserves a chance to come here legally. He plans to introduce a bill on Cordova's behalf when Congress reconvenes next week.

"It is absolutely a special case," he said. "But I don't want to raise the level of optimism about if it's going to move."

Grijalva said other members of Congress have introduced similar bills hoping to stop deportation proceedings against illegal immigrants in their districts whose husbands are serving in the U.S. military in Iraq. Those bills have gone nowhere.

By the way, for those who say Cordova should do it the legal way. As I mentioned earlier, he's now barred for five years.. Once that period ends, Grijalva estimates it would take at least five to 10 years to get a visa.

So to my question: does Cordova deserve a shot at legalization for what he did on Thanksgiving night? Or is this simply something that any human being should do and no reward is necessary?

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blo...eRoberts/11591

P.S. Fark comments on the topic.

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comm...k=3239510&ok=1

The man can not apply for five years because he entered the country illegally.

It will take 5 to ten years to get a visa because of the backlog caused by the '86 amnesty.

They spend so much time shuffling papers trying to get illegals legal they have no time to work on the papers of true immigrants. He has only himself and his fellow illegals to blame for the delay. Well, I guess he can blame the immigration officials stalling things for bigger and better bribes. Then too, he might be able to blame the bottom feeders at the ACLU and other organizations who hold up enforcement of our laws and contribute to the immigration bottleneck. Oh, yeah, he might be able to blame the Congress that insists on muddying the waters even further with another amnesty. Etc., etc., etc..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12