Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Immigrants Accused Of Getting Tax Refunds

Nov 14, 2008 1:29 pm US/Mountain
    Illegal Immigrants Accused Of Getting Tax Refunds
    Investigators Suspect Stolen Social Security Numbers Used
    Reporting
    Mike Hooker

GREELEY, Colo. (CBS4) ― Investigators in Weld County are going after hundreds of people who are accused of using fake identification and social security numbers to get millions of dollars in federal tax refunds.

Weld County District Attorney Ken Buck said the cases are linked through Amalia's Translation and Tax Services at 1501 9th St. in Greeley. A search warrant was obtained for records at the business.

"It shows the depth of the immigration issue here in the United States," Buck said. "If with one tax return preparer we can find 1,300 tax returns filed by illegal immigrants and $2.6 million in payments by the IRS to illegal immigrants, it is just amazing."

The business itself is not in any trouble with investigators, but the owner said she felt it was unfairly targeted because of its Latino clients and questioned the authority of local police to seize federal tax documents.

Buck said there are 1,338 possible cases of using stolen and/or fake social security numbers and identity theft.

Fifteen suspects were arrested Wednesday and Thursday, and teams will work Friday and through this weekend to pick up more suspects they believe were living here with stolen identities. Authorities plan arrests for the rest of the year and much of 2009.

A total of 98 arrests warrants have been requested to this point.

http://cbs4denver.com/local/illegal.imm ... 64743.html

Yes oh please ICE PLEEASEEEEE get them out of here now!!! They are horrible people sucking the life out of our economy and people!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

They aren't even close to knowing just how big of a crime this is nationwide.

I had tenants here who used to receive MULTIPLE federal and state refunds per household just through the use of stolen information and/or fraudulent documents.

These people weren't going to H & R Block either. They had plenty of help in committing this fraud from "independent tax preparers" who were not in the business for any other reason than to commit these crimes.

The depth of the criminal culture among this particular population is SICKENING.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes, but we need to be able to keep them from coming back like they will most likely do in a month or so if it takes that long.

This is a California article I just found. Chances are this guy is illegal too.

Huron man arrested on fraud, false tax claims
    The Fresno Bee
    11/13/08 23:51:57

Huron resident Evodio Moreno, 47, was arrested Thursday on federal charges of filing false tax returns, using the identification of another person without lawful authority, and mail fraud. Authorities said the tax returns resulted in the issuance of fraudulently claimed tax-refund checks. Moreno pleaded not guilty Thursday in U.S. District Court in Fresno to all of the charges.

Federal prosecutors said Moreno would obtain names, Social Security numbers and dates of birth for dead individuals, and use the information to prepare federal income tax returns to submit to the Internal Revenue Service. The income tax returns contained false information to claim the Earned Income Tax Credit.

Moreno would then use post office boxes and residence addresses to which he had access or that he controlled to receive tax refund checks, authorities said. He cashed the refund checks at check-cashing locations.
    http://www.fresnobee.com/local/story/1012350.html

This probably explains why I filed for the stimulis check this year and didnt get it.Not even a letter telling me I wasn't going to get it.What's bad is I am on a fixed income and could have used it.

These people weren't going to H & R Block either. They had plenty of help in committing this fraud from "independent tax preparers" who were not in the business for any other reason than to commit these crimes.
    Bingo....just like alot of the "employment agencies" and those in the positions of hiring people who made it possible for the majority of the workers to be illegal....or those making it possible to make sure "their people" got loans for houses they shouldn't have qualified for.

I went and looked at the list that was posted for all the stimulus checks that were "undeliverable".......I just checked my state, but atleast 75% were hispanic names....doesn't mean they were illegals but it makes you wonder......then someone posted something saying it might be a trap to catch illegals, other felons, dead beat parents or whatever.......wonder how many of those went to illegals based on stolen identies?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

crazybird where do you check for undelivered stimulis checks?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelrouser
    This probably explains why I filed for the stimulis check this year and didnt get it.Not even a letter telling me I wasn't going to get it.What's bad is I am on a fixed income and could have used it.
    A lot of people have been calling into c-span and saying they never received their stimulus check, my oldest son never received his and we know for a fact someone in Riverside Calif. is using his SS number but no one will do anything about it...he called the police down there and went to the SS Department, nothing they could do (so they say)
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

RELATED

RELATED

2 Kenyans sentenced for tax fraud

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-138143.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast