Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OR:Illegal Immigrants Arrest Numbers

Video at the link:

1/28/09 Bend

By Doug Johnson

Two illegal immigrants have been arrested in Deschutes County for two different crimes this week. 22-year old Francisco Garcia for allegedly raping a 16-year-old girl. And 21-year-old Alejandro Gonzalez-Diaz for allegedly drunk and reckless driving. They're not alone.

"In 2007 we had 238, illegals that immigration put a hold on, in 2008 we had 172," says Deschutes County Sheriff Larry Blanton.

The Sheriff's Office says it doesn't aggressively pursue illegal aliens. Deputies don't check for documentation at work sites, and often those driving without a license will not be put in jail. However, when crimes such as drunk driving, rape or selling narcotics occurs, they are arrested and the Sheriff's Office contacts US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE. ICE will then put a hold on those felons. Statewide, there were almost five thousand illegal immigrants placed into removal proceedings by ICE last year. Sometimes it can take months before illegal immigrant prisoners are deported, filling up much needed bed space.

"If it's ten bed days for each of those 238, that's bed days in beds that are not then available for other situations that we might need that," Sheriff Blanton says.

But those in with the Latino Community Association in Bend say illegal immigrants don't break the law any more than any other group of people.

“They're family people the majority of them, like any other group there's people who conduct badly and commit crimes, but being in this country is considered a crime, as far as the process is concerned so they're lumped in together with criminals," says Greg Delgado who volunteers with the Latino Community Association.

The Latino Community Association says that not everyone who is deported has broken a law, other than being in this country illegally.
    http://kohd.com/news/local/84683

The Latino Community Association says that not everyone who is deported has broken a law, other than being in this country illegally. [/u]

And I guess the first one doesn't count, right?

I want to be exempted from a law so that I can feel I have been equally represented. Lets think a minute...perhaps speed limit laws because I tend to go over them...or the stupid smoking laws here in NYC...No definitely the tax laws! I want to never pay taxes again! Hey then at least I will not be forced to support others while I'm NOT being represented in my own government!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Sheriff's Office says it doesn't aggressively pursue illegal aliens. Deputies don't check for documentation at work sites, and often those driving without a license will not be put in jail. However, when crimes such as drunk driving, rape or selling narcotics occurs, they are arrested and the Sheriff's Office contacts US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE. ICE will then put a hold on those felons. Statewide, there were almost five thousand illegal immigrants placed into removal proceedings by ICE last year. Sometimes it can take months before illegal immigrant prisoners are deported, filling up much needed bed space.
    Fire this Sheriff's Office; cherry picking is racist and not safe for the country's citizens. Does this office of the law do the same for other groups of people? I bet they do Work Sheriff's Office, work, and put ankle braces on all possible; "on hold" for Immigration This would be a great start
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)