Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal immigrants being caught and released

Print Story Email to a Friend

Illegal immigrants being caught and released

How do you feel about this story? Email us your comments

A 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS investigation reveals a "catch and release" approach to illegal immigrants.

Troopers do all they can to stop the flow of illegal immigrants, but immigration officials refuse to take them into custody.

5 EYEWITNESS NEWS was with a state trooper this week, when a common scenario played out.

Two men were pulled over for speeding and admit to the state trooper they are here illegally. The trooper radios federal authorities-- who refuse to take the men into custody.

The illegal immigrants pay their fine and are free to go.

"It is a frustration level that you try not get too caught up in-- you don't have any control over it," a state trooper said.

5 EYEWITNESS NEWS spoke with Gov. Pawlenty who says these kinds of immigration stories are just the tip of the iceberg.

"I can tell you stories that would make your eyes open twice as wide as they are already," Pawlenty said.

Pawlenty says state's can train state and local officers to enforce immigration laws--- essentially stopping the "catch and releases," but he says the legislature won't agree to fund the program.

State Troopers said they have to catch at least 10 illegal immigrants at a time to peak the interest of the federal authorities.

The Immigration and Customs Enforcement blames a lack of manpower.

"Given the choice, the American public would prefer that we focus on those threats as opposed to going to investigate one or two suspected illegal aliens who were stopped in a traffic stop," Claude Arnold of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement said.

State troopers and the governor are both tired of excuses.

"People are making a mockery of the immigration laws in our country," Gov. Palwenty said.

Find A Home

Careers

http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S81354.shtml?cat=1
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    I guess this proves President Bush and Chertoff are big fat liars. No more catch and release my butt!

I would advise anyone that has a congressman on our side to forward this information to them. Ask them about Bush's promise to end "catch & release." I'm sending it to Sen. Burr (R-NC) and Sen. Dole (R-NC).

Can anyone provide a link to this story?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"People are making a mockery of the immigration laws in our country," Gov. Palwenty said.
    The governor appears to be one of the few honest politicians I've read about.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Crazybird, please put in the links to the stories that you post so that we can verify the stories if we want to put them on the homepage.

Thank you
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn