Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal immigrants cause problems

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/my ... 529379.htm

Posted on Sun, Jan. 01, 2006
    BORDERS, SECURITY

Illegal immigrants cause problems
    By Robert Pieterse

I read James Foley's Dec. 13 letter, "Officers great during sadly common situation." I am sorry to hear about his daughter and hope she will be all right.

Foley has a point. It seems that on a daily basis, we hear about illegal immigrants driving uninsured, unregistered and without licenses. When an accident happens and someone gets hurt, we all agree how terrible, something should be done. Soon we forget and go on with our day. The truth is that our country is being invaded, not by terrorists hellbent on destroying us, but by a group who is conquering us without firing a single shot. Call any business or bank today, chances are a voice service will answer you in Spanish and ask you to push a button to speak English.

Walk into any big retail store you will find most displays in Spanish. In fact, most American companies print their packages in Spanish and English, and most retailers display the Spanish. If motor vehicle problems were the only issue, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Illegal immigrants also cause problems in every aspect of our lives. We support them through our social programs, our health care and our criminal justice system - American tax dollars working to help our invaders.

Who's at fault? The American business that is willing to sell our country for sake of the dollar? The same business that in order to make a bigger profit is willing to not just hire an illegal immigrant but also bring him here and train him. Why? To pay a lower wage and deny an American worker from earning a fair day's pay.

Maybe we can blame our leaders. They scare us with tales of massive weapons and terrorists out to destroy us. They send our military to overthrow foreign governments, rebuild their countries and protect foreign borders, leaving our borders open and unprotected. Then they tell us it is for our good as a nation. It may not be politically correct, but most Islamic terrorists could pass for any illegal immigrant. It seems to me that Homeland Security should start with our borders. Maybe our government's real desire is to create new wealth for American industry by rebuilding foreign countries and creating a new voter base in America.

At one time immigrants were welcome. They came here wanting to be one of us, to share in our America. We had an immigration system that protected us, by carefully selecting those who wanted to call America home. That system needs to be working now. Our criminal justice system should allow for the arrest and deportation of all illegal immigrants. Employers who hire illegal immigrants should be prosecuted and punished. We as Americans should do our part, also: Report illegal immigrants, and turn in those who hire illegal immigrants. Most important, really think before you vote. If we want to keep [our] current way of life, and pass it on to our children, it's important that we vote for people who truly care.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am CRACKING UP over your SIGNATURE, had_enuf! BUT, it's so SAD because he really MEANS IT.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/my ... 394964.htm

Posted on Tue, Dec. 13, 2005
    DEC. 10 CRASH

Officers great during sadly common situation
    By James Foley

On Dec. 10, my daughter was supposed to graduate from Coastal Carolina University.

Instead, she is lying in a hospital bed at Grand Strand Regional Medical Center with some serious injuries. While on her way to the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, she was involved in a serious motor vehicle accident.

I wish to thank the members of the Horry County Fire Rescue unit and the officers from the Myrtle Beach Police Department for their care of my daughter and their professionalism.

There must be a lot of people out there who are in or who have been in the same situation I'm in now. The driver of the other vehicle was uninjured, was driving without a license, was driving without insurance and was an illegal [immigrant] on top of everything else.

He was taken to jail but will be back out driving as soon as he gets out. When people such as this are caught driving, harsher penalties need to be in place.

My daughter came very close to being killed in this crash. How many others have been? How many have suffered severe injuries?

It's time we address this issue of people on our roadways with no licenses, no insurance, no registrations and who are living in our country illegally. Over the past 48 hours (as of Monday morning), I have talked with health care workers, tow truck operators, and fire and police personnel who all say the same thing: This is a common occurrence.

I hope that this type of nightmare doesn't happen to you. It's time that we all banded together to get illegal drivers off our roads.

This is a wonderful opportunity for the news media to get involved and bring this problem to light.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The writer, a retired Connecticut police officer, lives in Myrtle Beach.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hope the retired Connecticut police officer knows about our web site.

Time for William to be on the radio in the Myrtle Beach area.