Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Immigrants not a burden in Hospital Emergency Rooms?

Survey: Mexican immigrants less likely to visit emergency rooms

Sounds good huh?

The findings run counter to a widespread belief that illegal immigrants are a major burden on emergency rooms, said Mario Gutierrez, program director of rural and agricultural health at The California Endowment, a private health foundation that co-sponsored the study.
    I don't know what planet he is from.

Researchers at Mexico's National Population Council and the University of California found that only 9.8 percent of Mexican adult migrants living in the United States 10 years or less visited an emergency room in the past year.
    I am so confused, that looks like a lot of unpaid expensive bills to me. Maybe he can explain why so many hospitals in Southeren California are closing down their trama centers?

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...lthaccess.html

I am so confused, that looks like a lot of unpaid expensive bills to me. Maybe he can explain why so many hospitals in Southeren California are closing down their trama centers?
    Two things.

First, what is the Mexico National Population Council? Are they credible, or just an OBL front group.

Second, they only reference "adult migrants". What about children?

Perhaps including them would change the stats to a more realistic level.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Two things.

First, what is the Mexico National Population Council? Are they credible, or just an OBL front group.
    My thoughts exactly, hence I was sure to include that from the article in my post.

Second, they only reference "adult migrants". What about children?

Perhaps including them would change the stats to a more realistic level.
    I didn't think about that until later.
    I know for a fact that babies born to illegal immigrants cost the USC Medical center many millions of dollars every year. Just how much I am not going to say as it is quite a lot and I don't remember the source, but we are talking in the hundreds of millions.

This is really a statistical obfuscation which looks at the number and frequency of visits rather than the cost of those visits. If someone waits until they have anemergency the cost of the visit is going to be a lot higher. If someone in ths situation wants to stay healty they go to a bodega. If they are seriously ill or dying and want to put the expense onto someone elses back than their family then they go. The ICE does not matter at that point.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WTF???

I saw this report last night!!! I don't beleive it one bit. Why would Bush kick down federal dollars to hospitals earlier this year (Money and resources which the hospitals declared were used to treat illegal aliens who had no insurance.) to compensate for the treatment of illegal aliens. I guess everything is just our imagination.
    My father is a vietnam vet and he sometimes has to wait in line behind illegals abusing the system.

I have to argue the timing of this report. I noticed that the minuteman project is not getting as much airplay this time around. The best way to pull the rug from an important movement like the minuteman is to get people to doubt the reasoning behind it.

This report is propaganda, pure and simple, to control one of the major arguments that illegals are using up valuable resources.

I would like to know how this report was done?
    Did the researches just go out of their way to question illegals? Or did they get this info from the hospitals that are spending on resources to treat them?

I would like to know how this report was done?
    Did the researches just go out of their way to question illegals? Or did they get this info from the hospitals that are spending on resources to treat them?
    Are hospitials allowed to ask the immigration status of those they treat?

If they are, that makes them unique.

I don't think that there's much doubt that this is a propoganda piece disgused as news.

Never forget that there are lies, damned lies, and statistics. It all depends on who's manipulating the data (assuming there is any).

And for those of you with time on your hands, here's another version of the story:

http://www2.dailynews.com/news/ci_3114563

Can anybody see what's missing, and why?

Hint: check the 9th paragraph.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

If only 10% of illegal males in the US 10 years or less used the emergency room last year, how many millions are they talking about to begin with? If they made up just 50% of the total illegal immigrant population, what's half of 20 million? Probably enough to clog every emergency room in the US.

I visited a small local hospital three consecutive days a couple of month ago. There were non-English speaking people (husbands, wives & children) waiting to be seen when I arrived, went for lunch & left each day. My favorite was two couples with an infant each, laughing as they came out after being seen. They then retrieved three pre-school children who had been left unattended with coloring books in the waiting area.

A doctor from one of the closed CA hospitals said illegals would come to the emergency room with a hangnail. I have no doubt that's the truth.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)