Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

So are you saying this is all hype?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    So are you saying this is all hype?

It's really not, nntrixie. I think what people observe is going to vary greatly depending upon what part of AZ they are in.

For instance, in the section of AZ where I live.....the far east valley, bordering Maricopa and Pinal counties, about an hour east of Phoenix.....IAs have been losing their jobs and leaving since this past summer when the amnesty fell through and the governor signed the sanctions law.

If we're talking about places like Tucson, that's going to be more diffiuclt. Think of it like LA, right down to the officials in charge. IAs have embedded themselves there and it's all but been publicly declared an extension of Mexico. The employer sanctions law is going to mean absolutely nothing there just as no other law means anything there.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks,

Yes, the location does make a difference when you are talking illegal immigration.

I have been concerned that a lot of this is sob story hype or stories planted to make us think something is working.

My main concern is the Mesa area. We spent some time there a few years ago, and are thinking of going back for an extended stay. When we were there, there were illegals there, but not too many in the areas where the Old Fogey Fortresses were.

We got there in the spring so we were there when the bulk of snow birds were gone. IN one park where we parked our travel trailer for a while, an older lady, who was paid to look after the houses while their owners weren't there, told me there had been 6 break ins in just the week before.
    She said they appeared to only take some canned food, and clothing, etc. That made me think illegals - but she didn't know. I'll bet those empty houses are ripe for the pickings of illegals. They could stay in during the day, and wander out at night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12