Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Illegal Immigrants Receiving Health Benefits, Despite Legislation

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Immigrants Receiving Health Benefits, Despite Legislation

Friday, March 25, 2016 10:23 AM

Illegal immigrants are receiving health benefits in dozens of counties across the country despite legislation that rules out that possibility, The Wall Street Journal reports.

A survey by the newspaper has found that of 25 counties with the most illegal aliens, 20 are helping them get basic health services.

Those include: doctor visits, prescription drugs, lab tests and surgeries.

"The services usually are inexpensive or free to participants, who must prove they live in the county but are told their immigration status doesn't matter," The Journal says, noting local politicians believe it is cheaper than to treating them in the hospital emergency rooms.

But critics say these free services encourage more illegals to move in. The total cost? As much as $1 billion a year, the newspaper says.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ill.../25/id/720869/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm sure that in our county they are getting lots of free treatment. I went to the first Budget hearing (for upcoming year) last year---they held it at the Immigrant and Refugee Coalition headquarters. Some of the speakers even demanded certain projects, threatening that their children would become gangsters otherwise. Then the County is planning to build an $88 million Health Department building, to replace the historic building downtown. Most of the illegals and legal immigrants live in a certain area of the county, and the county government opens up more clinics over there. They also specialize in pregnancy counseling, mental health and drug treatment.

I have no words for it other than shocking and disgusting. We couldn't even get the county to pave our pot holed street when I was a kid. Now they are spending tens of millions each year on programs for these illegals. And more on offices and facilities. Plus inviting them to have a direct voice in governmental affairs or even be policy advisors.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)