Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Immigrants Refrain: Leaving America Is Not An Option

THE ARROGANCE!

Illegal immigrants refrain: 'Leaving America is not an option'

May 20 06:42 PM US/Eastern

Francisco Gimenez risked his life to get into United States. He is not planning to leave in a hurry.
    Like many members of Los Angeles' immigrant community, the 27-year-old butcher is skeptical about proposed legislation intended to offer illegal workers a path to citizenship.

Under reforms announced last week, Gimenez would be required to return to Mexico at some point in order to secure the right to work legally in the United States, possibly paying up to 5,000 dollars in fines additionally.

Gimenez fears however that once he leaves America he won't be allowed back in. "I don't really understand that much about the bill, but I'd have to be crazy to go back to Mexico to apply for visa now that I am already in the US," he says. "They wouldn't give me a visa there."

Persuading workers like Gimenez that is in their interests to leave appears to be one of the biggest challenges facing US authorities, as they try to bring the country's 12-million strong illegal labor force out of the shadows.

In factories, markets, car-washes and laundromats, illegal workers in Los Angeles Hispanic community the same refrain: "Going home is not an option."

Gimenez is one of the thousands who put their lives in the hands of human-traffickers known as 'coyotes' to sneak across the United States' southern border with Mexico.

Often immigrants trying to cross the desert are robbed or murdered by bandits and rival gangs. But the rewards on offer for those willing to take the risk are immense.

Gimenez, who paid 3,000 dollars to a smuggling gang to help get him across the border in Arizona in 2003, sends back 400 dollars a month to his wife and two children in Mexico.

His salary of just over 1,400 dollars a month is roughly 10 times what he would earn for the same job in Mexico. "I would love to go back and live in Mexico but I can only make money here," Gimenez said.

"For me the important thing about the legislation is if I can visit my country or bring my family here legally without the danger of them having to try and cross the border."

For other illegals, finding the money required to pay for legal status under the new reforms is problematical.

"If I could pay 5,000 dollars to get residency or a work permit without leaving the country I would pay that because it's roughly the same amount you have to pay to the 'coyotes'," said Sigfrido Villalta, a worker in a car wash.

"But when you only have 1,000 dollars a month it's hard. Obviously I want a residence visa. But I need the ability to pay for one, and there is also the possibility they could penalize the employer."

Gimenez' employer, Jose Luis Rojas, an illegal immigrant who acquired permanent residency and citizenship after Ronald Reagan's 1986 amnesty, is confident that a solution is only a matter of time.

[/b]"I came to America as an illegal worker and now I'm a citizen," Rojas said. "That's why I say to them just be patient."

Rojas said he is relaxed about the possibility of immigration authorities raiding his business.

"I'm not worried about immigration raids," the 46-year-old said. "If they're going to do that they are going to do it at the big textile factories, where they have 40 or 50 illegal workers at a time."

Villalta, meanwhile, is also wary of leaving his family in Los Angeles in order to apply for a foothold in the US system from El Salvador.

"The guest worker program does not help the families that are here," he said. "If I have to leave the country who will pay the bills here? How will my family exist?"

Gimenez echoed Villalta's concern -- and said he expected agricultural workers entering the country on seasonal visas would quite likely end up over-staying in any case.

"The work permit program is for people who want to come here for the first time -- it doesn't offer anything for people that are already here," he said. "And anyway, a Mexican farmer who comes here on a 10-month permit is going to stay here permanently anyway."

Illegal immigrants refrain: 'Leaving America is not an option'

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... le=1&cat=0
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Gimenez' employer, Jose Luis Rojas, an illegal immigrant who acquired permanent residency and citizenship after Ronald Reagan's 1986 amnesty, is confident that a solution is only a matter of time.
    A "former" illegal knowingly hiring a "current" illegal. Hmmm.......wonder why I'm not surprised. I guess that's what happens when you reward criminal activity.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    A "former" illegal knowingly hiring a "current" illegal. Hmmm.......wonder why I'm not surprised. I guess that's what happens when you reward criminal activity.
    It's also a perfect example of the failed logic which was used to craft the 1986 amnesty and how the problems since have increased exponentially.

And now, the US Senate is considering to repeat the same mistakes as before, but this time, the stakes for the country are so much greater...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This whole fantasy touch back dream is smothered in fairy dust. It's the stuff children's bed time stories are made of.

The governement refuses to enforce the laws now, how are they going to enforce the touchback program?

Look illegals are not going to leave, they are not going to pay the damn fines either, they are not going to fill out applications because they are not even eligible to be in this country. They are freaking dishonest to the core and they will continue to cheat the system. They have diseases, criminal records and can't meet other requirements of citizenship so they aren't going to try!

Illegals didn't jump through the hoops to get here and they are not going to jump through the hoops to stay. They are squatters! They are not going to do one damn thing they are not strongly compelled to do and that may even require the strong arm of the law.

Example, how many freaking times were they told to leave the park in LA? Too damn many!

Just like homeless people in a vacant building, until they are kicked out, they will continue to live here.

Enforce the Laws!!!!!!!

Dixie

Dixie - yep, absolutely.

There is not one facet of the problem that cannot be addressed or solved by simply doing or doing more enforcement of existing laws.

No NEW laws are necessary - thank you very much.

Phred,

One last word. They sure as hell are not going to spend any money to do the right thing.

Good luck getting blood out of that turnip.

Dixie

In my opinion, when crumbs like Francisco Gimenez shoot their mouths, ICE should immediately dispatch agents to pick them up for deportation. We'd need only a few examples and these macho men will lose their false sense of courage and stop stirring up trouble.
    '58 Airedale

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Gimenez, who paid 3,000 dollars to a smuggling gang to help get him across the border in Arizona in 2003
    So, they are able to come up with this money...........

"But when you only have 1,000 dollars a month it's hard. Obviously I want a residence visa. But I need the ability to pay for one,
    But simply could not, or should we say, would not, come up with this money? Tells us it is about their ideas about laws, and living within the laws. Living within the law is not at all important to them, thats why paying $3000.00 to come here illegally was ok, but then being offered potentially to live within the law, with a $5000.00 price tag on it, then suddenly that money is too hard to come by?
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)