Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal immigration hits home - for me

Yesterday afternoon we had a blizzard and I got home in the nick of time to be with my elderly mother (who's had strokes and tends to worry if there is bad weather and I haven't made it home). Making my trip more difficult was some ghastly accident on the highway: massive traffic was being routed through town and I abandoned my hope of a last minute left turn into Safeway. Unbeknownst to me, the local schools were on lockdown, and in the early evening I got a 'reverse 911' call that a suspect had been captured. Here's the scoop:

"A minivan carrying 15 people went out of control on I-70 eastbound, Idaho Springs Police Chief Dave Wohlers said. He confirmed that four people, three males and one female, were dead at the scene. Ten others were transported by ground to hospitals, and a male whom police suspect is the driver is still at large.

The State Patrol said the vehicle in the crash fit the pattern of human smuggling; however, that could not be confirmed. Immigration officials have been notified and are also investigating."

http://www.clearcreekcourant.com/story_ ... p?sid=4394

The suspect they captured was the driver and he is in immigration custody now. The comment posted to the news story might resonate with ALIPAC.

Of course this is far from the first time. A while back they caught illegals trying to walk through the Eisenhower tunnel after their car had broken down. If I recall correctly, their destination was the midwest.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Those obvious cover-up articles peeve me off. We all know that is a van full of illgal aliens and the paper should report it as such.

Maybe the weather will deal with this one.
    male whom police suspect is the driver is still at large.
    Dixe
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This story was reported on tv in Raleigh this morning.

They didn't mention, of course, who's paying for medical care for the survivors.

More comments

Another comment has been posted. No one is fooled by the polite speech of the article.

The weather reports were also quite forthright in terms of what travellers could expect.

I've had several email interchanges with N&O reporters. They
    just want to get eye-ball time to sell ads. The real news &
    community advocacy stuff just doens't get it. I'm surprised
    they let people see the comments. A seed of truth might get
    planted.

I think that's why a lot of people like The Dailey Show. I don't.
    It's too cynical & the bathroom jokes get old, but the
    show's slant is obvious & people know all news is slanted or
    heavily filtered even if it's balanced.

Another article with more details

This is the article from the C-Spgs Gazette.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/ ... 8-23-38-12
    Nov 28, 11:38 PM EST

4 dead, 10 hurt in minivan crash west of Denver

IDAHO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) -- A minivan that authorities suspect was being used to smuggle illegal immigrants crashed on Interstate 70 Tuesday, killing four people and sending 10 to the hospital.

None of the injuries appeared to be life-threatening, a hospital spokeswoman said.

The driver ran off but was found about four hours later, two miles away, Master Trooper Ron Watkins said. He said federal immigration agents would take the unidentified man into custody.

Carl Rusnock, an Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman based in Dallas, said the van is suspected of being involved in immigrant smuggling.

Three men and one woman were pronounced dead at the scene, about 20 miles west of Denver.

Watkins said the van "fits the pattern" of illegal immigrant smuggling because of the large number of people it was carrying. He said he had no information on the citizenship of any of the occupants.

Nine adults and one minor were being evaluated at St. Anthony Central Hospital in Denver, spokeswoman Bev Lilly said. No information was immediately available on the nature of the injuries.

Watkins said the 1998 Dodge minivan went out of control on a curve, struck a tree and rolled, ejecting most of the people inside. He said snow had fallen in the area at the time but roads were in good condition.

"It's not like it's treacherous driving," he said.

Eastbound I-70 was temporarily closed at Idaho Springs for the investigation.

State lawmakers passed a bill this year making it a felony to smuggle illegal immigrants and created a new, 24-member State Patrol unit to enforce it.

Human smuggling is already a crime under federal law, but state law-enforcement agencies and immigration critics said federal authorities haven't been tough enough on people who transport illegal immigrants in crowded vans and trucks.

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Update with picture

http://www.clearcreekcourant.com/story_ ... p?sid=4408

Quote: "Jose F. Franco-Rodriguez, 23, a Mexican national, is currently being held at the Clear Creek County Jail on 46 counts, including human trafficking, reckless endangerment, failure to remain at the scene and careless driving."

Re: Illegal immigration hits home - for me

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    A while back they caught illegals trying to walk through the Eisenhower tunnel after their car had broken down. If I recall correctly, their destination was the midwest.
    Hi Betsy Ross,

I just want to comment, if I may, about illegals hanging out in highway tunnels due to inclement weather, and cases of tragic deaths of illegals unprepared for northern winter weather. May I just raise a few questions, in light of these and other deaths of illegals.

During severe weather:
    Why aren't globalist politicians inviting them into their homes?
    Why aren't illegals' globalist employers taking care of them?
    Why aren't corporate boards of directors taking them into their homes?
    Why aren't members of the Council on Foreign Relations inviting them into their homes?
    What about members of National Communist La Raza? Why aren't they bringing illegals into their homes?
    Why isn't the NASSCOM staff inviting illegals into their homes?
    What about the Bilderbergs? members of the Illuminati? Why aren't they caring for illegals in their homes?
    Why aren't reporters from the mainstream media bringing illegals into their homes?
    Why aren't the mexican consulates out taking care of em? Hmmmm?
    Why isn't Jimmy Carter bringing them into his home?
    Hillary, why aren't you showing off your globalism by inviting illegals into your home?

Ohhhhhh Nooooooo!!! That's not gonna happen.
    Could it be 'cause they're a bunch of lying, cheating hypocrits? Hmmm?

Ohhhhh Nooooo! Folks, I'm gonna tell you what's gonna happen - the damn globalists are gonna blame you and I for the illegals' winter weather injuries and deaths. They're gonna point the finger at you and I for our attitudes, for not being compasionate, for being mean spirited, for not being multi-cultural enough - you name it.

Senator Kennedy, why aren't you sharing a drink with your favorite illegal? Could it be, Senator, that you're a damn lying hypocrit? Mary Jo knows.

Coto
    Damn, I'm mean spirited!

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?