Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Immigration: Huckabee Caught Lying, Again...

Wednesday, December 26, 2007
    Illegal Immigration: Huckabee Caught Lying, Again...

I've been saying this for months. Now, The Washington Times is covering the fact that Mike Huckabee has been lying about his record dealing with illegal aliens.

He's been claiming that he had the Arkansas State Police enforce immigration laws as part of the federal 287(g) program.

As I pointed out a long time ago. He signed a bill to do that, very begrudgingly, but then prevented the state police from becoming part of the program.

Again we see State Senator Gilbert Baker shilling for Huckabee. In an attempt to deceive people into thinking Mike Huckabee's record is that of a conservative, Gilbert and former State Representative Doug Matayo have been gallavanting around the country distorting the truth. Gilbert intentionally misrepresented the truth on this subject, bragging that Huckabee had signed the 287(g) bill. He left off that Huck had done so very unenthusiastically. Gilbert couldn't mischaracterize Huckabee's follow through, though. Huckabee prevented his state police director, Steve Dozier, from negotiating an agreement with Homeland Security to make it happen.

Nowadays, if you read Huck's website, you'll see that he takes credit for something that never happened. "As governor, I ordered my state troopers to work with the Department of Homeland Security to arrest illegals and enforce federal immigration law."

He did not do that.

Now that's the lie has been put to that statement, he's claiming that he didn't have time to get the program up and running. He had 2 years and he didn't do ANYTHING. I'd say he's right. If you never start a project, you'll never have enough time to finish it.

But, again, Huckabee is lying. He's claiming that it was a lack of time and not interest that kept it from happening. 2 years is half the term of a governor. Until Bill Clinton, 2 years was the entire term of Arkansas governors. How could he possibly claim that 2 years isn't enough time?

One more time, we're seeing Mike Huckabee not only as the liberal that he was when he was in office, but we also see him lying about his record. Unfortunately, we also have Republicans from Arkansas who are willing to dispense with their integrity to distort Huckabee's record. Gilbert Baker more than anybody ought to be ashamed of himself. He's showing himself to be a political shill more than the man of character he makes himself out to be. He knows that Mike Huckabee didn't want the 287(g) program to go into effect, but he isn't honest enough to say it. Instead, he's spinning the issue to look like Huckabee was the primary force behind it, rather than the unwilling participant who eventually killed it.

There's so much more I could say about this, but I can't right now. It's not because of a lack of interest, but a lack of time...

Here's the link to the WT story: http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbc ... 09668/1001

http://209.85.175.104/search?q=cache:ug ... abee+287(g)&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Now that's the lie has been put to that statement, he's claiming that he didn't have time to get the program up and running. He had 2 years and he didn't do ANYTHING. I'd say he's right. If you never start a project, you'll never have enough time to finish it.

He was probably far to busy counting the bribery money he received, oh I mean lavish gifts bestowed upon him for no reason at all..... as he has alleged to the state ethics committee.

Nice try chuckabee, but I still don't believe it. I believe you about as much as I believe mclamebrain is serious about enforcing immigration laws and securing the border.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Sounds like another Bush or Clinton ... you choose which one
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He was a do nothing Governor and he would be a do nothing President...the facts are clear as an ice cube and thats the stone cold truth.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

In the Des Moines Register today
    Huckabee links Pakistan unrest to U.S. border issues
    Pella, Ia. --- Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee further emphasized the link between the unrest in Pakistan and border security in the United States during an appearance today at a crowded Pizza Ranch.

Huckabee said he is making a connection between U.S. border security and the assassination of former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto in Pakistan to localize the event for voters in places such as Pella.

�I�m saying a lot of Americans sitting in Pella, Iowa, maybe look halfway around the world � how does that affect me? The way that it affects them is we need to understand that violence and terror is significant when it happens in Pakistan. It�s more significant when it could happen in our own cities. It happens if people could slip across our border, and we have no control over it.�
    Huckabee added, �The immigration issue is not about people coming to pick lettuce or make beds. It�s about people who could come with a shoulder-fired missile and could do serious damage and harm to us�The unsecured borders that we have pose a real national security threat.�

Huckabee's increased rhetoric on border security comes as he�s received criticism for being soft on immigration. Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo withdrew from the presidential race last week out of concern that staying in the race could split votes among candidates who take a hard line on immigration.

At the time, Tancredo identified Huckabee and Arizona Sen. John McCain as candidates who wouldn�t be tough enough on immigration.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/p ... 019/0/LIFE

Comments are posted after the article.

Fences make good neighbors.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Where did the GOP unearth this creature? He is left of Hillary! He is completely unqualified to be president; and his foreign policy knowledge is nil!!! He has said over and over that "we are all God's children" and that we have to make up for committing slavery! His 'touch back for a few hours' stunt is worse than the McCain/Bush amnesty! He sounds more like a snake oil salesman than a preacher turned politician! But then all politicians could be called snake oil salesmen, I suppose.

MSM and the Dems are protecting him so that Shrillary can knock him off with a feather! Huckabee is Shrillary's insurance policy but I doubt very much if he will get the nomination...we are too smart for this!

Guess what Huckster, a terrorist can look like a bed maker or a lettuce picker. Duh! You shure don't need to be president.

His plan for controlling the boarder is to make sure everyone crossing it has a get out of jail free card. He will let them come on in, and say, here is your speed pass ID from a border town touchback location of your choosing and the stupid Americans that elected me made it happen for you, my illegal alien terrorist friends. Have a nice stay in our welcoming country, take what you please and your welcome to a path to citizenship too.

Dixie

Yep, the Huckster is nothing but a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupDeb
    Yep, the Huckster is nothing but a wolf in sheep's clothing.
    "FedupDeb" LMAO you can really come up with them!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast