Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal immigration issue heats up / Kansas

http://www.hutchnews.com/news/local/sto ... 1006.shtml

Illegal immigration issue heats up

Barnett criticizes Sebelius during state fair debate

By Mary Clarkin

The Hutchinson News

mclarkin@hutchnews.com

Foreign affairs crept into the first gubernatorial debate of the campaign season Saturday as Republican nominee State Sen. Jim Barnett, Emporia, attacked Democratic Gov. Kathleen Sebelius' stands on illegal immigration.

"We are encouraging illegal immigration to Kansas," Barnett said during a debate at the Kansas State Fair carried live on radio stations throughout the state.

Barnett criticized Sebelius' support for in-state college tuition rates for Kansas high school graduates whose familiars are here illegally. He also blasted her support for issuing driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.

The driver's license legislation failed to pass, and Sebelius does not consider it an active issue now because of federal law.

Barnett promised to bring leadership to Cedar Crest, "so that we all realize from the top down to the bottom, that illegal means illegal."

Sebelius declared illegal immigration "a national crisis," and blamed the federal government for failing to secure the border.

State Sen. Jim Barnett, R-Emporia, right, speaks Saturday alongside Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius during a debate at the Farm Bureau Arena at the Kansas State Fairgrounds. Photo by Travis Morisse

Republican President George W. Bush requested National Guard units help provide security along the U.S.-Mexico border, and some Kansas National Guard members were dispatched this summer.

Sebelius said she was proud to send Kansas troops "since the federal government did not complete their commitment."

When Kansas is called upon to guard the border, Barnett said, "I won't challenge the idea. I won't scoff at the idea. I won't go down and do a photo op, either."

"I don't think the senator understands the role of commander in chief of the Kansas National Guard," responded Sebelius, who visited the Kansas troops on a one-day trip to Arizona.

"I don't know why Kansas has or why Kansas would want a chief executive officer in charge of two major law enforcement agencies who wants to give state subsidies or legal documents to law-breakers," Barnett said.

Both Barnett and Sebelius advocate a crackdown on businesses that hire illegal workers.

When asked to identify the state's greatest problem, Barnett cited the state's economy and outlined tax-cut proposals for businesses, families and workers. Sebelius said the biggest challenge was to produce the best-educated work force.

The approximately $541 million school funding hike that the Legislature passed and Sebelius signed this year outspends revenues, Barnett noted.

But, he also said, "I will commit and have committed to maintain school funding for our children for multiple years."

"Really. I'm thrilled to hear that," Sebelius said.

Barnett favors requiring Senate confirmation of nominees to the Kansas Supreme Court. Sebelius prefers the current method that involves a nominating commission but not the Legislature.

Sebelius said the state had a $1 billion deficit and schools had been neglected when she came into office.

"We have 76,000 more Kansans working today than when I took office in 2003," she said.

The job growth is in the public sector, Barnett countered.

Barnett supporters wore green T-shirts that asked: "Got Leadership? You will."

Sebelius backers' T-shirts touted her inclusion on Time magazine's list of the five best governors in the country.

The election is Nov. 7.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Sounds like an interesting race with some important issues.

76,000 more Kansans working today than when she took office?

Impossible.

Well, it is IF you rely upon federal unemployment figures where they do not count or report the unemployed.

You know that the Department of Labor no longer actually counts or reports actual unemployed persons....naaah....they survey 60,000 homes across the nation and from this monthly "poll" use statistical magic to report the lowest unemployment rate since WWII.

You knew that right? That the US unemployment rate is a "hoax"? Right. It is a total hoax. This was necessary to lead the American People into believing we are at full employment and NEED foreign labor; that everything is hunkey dorey; that we have a booming economy; and LieBlah, LieBlah, LieBlah on and on.

Oooh, they may be Traitors, but I'll give them credit where credit is due. They left no stone unturned to ensure a complete and successful Charade on the American People during this Administration as they Implement One World Government starting with replacing the USA with the NAU. They are Traitors indeed, and planned their Treachery meticulously and completely.

The US actual unemployment rate is at least 15%.

Rising poverty 5 years in a row.

Declining per capita and median incomes every year since 2000.

My state, North Carolina, has incurred a 11% drop in median income in the past six years....

This during a booming economy and low unemployment?

No. Impossible.

Booming economies do not result in higher poverty rates or declining incomes.

Low unemployment does not result in higher poverty rates or declining incomes.

Charades + Lies + Deceptions = Fraud.

Fraud + Foreign Interests = High Treason.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    The US actual unemployment rate is at least 15%.

Rising poverty 5 years in a row.

Declining per capita and median incomes every year since 2000.

My state, North Carolina, has incurred a 11% drop in median income in the past six years....

This during a booming economy and low unemployment?

No. Impossible.
    Could you provide a source?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.tn.htm

MW, here is the link to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, US Department of Labor that explains about the "survey" of 60,000 households to determine the US "unemployment rate".

Can't verify the 15% actual. Based upon the conditions of our economy in many areas...rising poverty, declining incomes, rising number of uninsured, alarmingly high ratio of personal debt compared to personal savings (the highest since The Great Depression). the millions displaced from jobs from illegal immigration....the millions who have lost jobs from Free Trade Agreements causing plant closings and relocations of these critical manufacturing operations to other countries....the unemployment rate is extremely high and these conditions within the economy reflect a 15% unemployment rate...not a 4.7% unemployment rate.

Jobs Out + People In = Very High Unemployment NOT the lowest unemployment rates since WWII.

Doing some research in our county which has a reported unemployment rate of around 7%....I found the number of applications on file for unemployed in our county in a remote website....it was 13% as of December 2005. Since then, we have had no new jobs created and have lost 2 major industrial employers. So...the rate went up well over 13%. IN addition, they only keep an application for about 2 years and in 2003, we lost 8 plants...almost 3,000 manufacturing jobs in that one year alone. Those are no longer on file. Tossed yet the people are still mostly without work...3 years later.

Yet, the feds are reporting our county at 7-8 percent all year based upon a "poll" of 60,000 households across the United States out of a work force of around 85,000,000. You might be able to successfully poll opinions but you can not "poll" to see how many jobs you have in the country OR how many people are looking for work.

Hope this helps you. I would look hard and deep into any employment data.

In addition to lying to the public about the rate, this grossly misleads industry into believing we do not have an adequate work force available so if our major employers like those in our industrial sector are considering expanding here or offshore...then a 4.7% unemployment rate will in most instances guarantee that the expansion goes overseas due to the erroneous belief that everyone in America who wants a job has one and thus there is no available work force...except illegal aliens.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn