Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal immigration looms as an issue in the 5th Congression

Illegal immigration looms as an issue in the 5th Congressional District special election

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

« Yo ho with Blago: A college friend tells tales out of school on the ex-guv | Main

Originally posted: February 6, 2009

Illegal immigration looms as an issue in the 5th Congressional District special election
    Rosanna Pulido, founder of the Illinois Minuteman Project and head of the Illinois chapter of You Don't Speak For Me, Hispanics opposed to illegal immigration, has survived a petition challenge and will be on the Republican ballot in the 5th Congressional District primary March 3.

Pulido is a frequent and often feisty guest on the local talk radio circuit and should prove to be an interesting candidate. The petition challenge was the work of Joshua Hoyt, executive director of the Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights. Pulido's campaign said Hoyt went so far as to question the validity of the signature of Pulido's father.

Hoyt said he didn't remember that, specifically, but that he challenged hundreds of signatures on Pulido's petitions and found many of them invalid. An ICIRR account of the petition fight is here. He directed me to this YouTube of a Pulido speech

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments
    Excellent news...the 5th Congressional District deserves an intelligent, conservative woman who knows the issues facing Americans, seniors, veterans, families these days and who knows the meaning of hard work and fiscal conservatism. Rosanna Pullido would be a welcome CHANGE for the 5th District. Hoyt like the rest of the pro-illegal immigration advocates wastes his donor's money in trying to challenge anyone who opposes his open borders, pro-illegal immigration agenda.

Posted by: legalatina | Feb 6, 2009 11:33:57 PM

Its funny because this woman has never had to go through tough times in her life.Everything was spoon fed to her yet she stating that immigrants who try to work hard and make decent living should be kicked out.I wish she would try one of the jobs immigrants do for this country she would not survive one day.

Posted by: vincent | Feb 7, 2009 1:15:32 AM

I grew up on a farm. I worked the corn and soybean fields. I planted and hoed and harvested the gardens. I tended to the livestock. I made pickles and jellies and jams. We worked long, hard hours -- often, from daybreak until deep into the night.

I've worked in factories, too. Boring, tedious, manual labor. It was work that needed to get done, in order to build America and take care of our families.

I mow my own lawn. I wash my own laundry. I scrub my own floor.

I diapered my own children. I taught ABC's and wiped noses and kissed boo-boos.

And, yes, I and my family have been through very tough times.

I am a 10th-generation native citizen of the United States of America. My ancestors have been working American soil and building America since the late 1600's.

I am a daughter of the American Revolution.

Americans can -- and do -- the work that needs to be done in this country.

Limited, replacement-rate immigration can be helpful to a nation. Under those conditions, the work of those immigrants is appreciated.

Excessive and illegal immigration is ripping the fabric of America apart. It destroys the employment security of our own children. It damages the ability of our own citizens to have babies and grow our own families, as a result of the strains of high taxation. It destroys our local, state and federal finances as a result of demands by Marxist illegal immigrants -- and their colluding politicians -- for free medical care, free bilingual education, food subsidies and government-subsidized housing, and other political largess.

This, on top of the heavy demands on our criminal justice system.

Demands by immigrants for more and more housing and schools and other infrastructure, are destroying our country's natural areas and rural communities via the urban sprawl that is eating American farmland away like a cancer. This threatens our nation's food security.

Our precious American soil becomes depleted over time, by loss of quality and erosion. Productive, arable soil must be conserved for our own American descendents. This is essential to our survival as a people. We should not be squandering it by paving it over with asphalt, pouring concrete, and dumping oils and other chemicals and materials into it that make it useless for agriculture.

Yet, that's what is happening due to the current unlimited, unregulated stream of cheap illegal immigrant labor, and excessive legal immigrant labor, that is flowing into our country.

Illegal immigration, and uncontrolled legal immigration, understandably, breeds resentment and threatens to erupt in eventual civil war as a result of Latin America conducting what really amounts to a stealth invasion of the United States.

We should not give in to the demands of communist foreigners and ethnic nationalists who claim that they have a "right" to take over our country.

We should not allow other nations, like Mexico, to manipulate the American treasury to be a welfare program for the world, and to treat America as the dumping ground for their overpopulation and social problems. To do so is to destroy the future for our own children.

Now is the time to support our own children and grandchildren, by reserving American jobs, and American soil, for American citizens.

Posted by: Let's secure Illinois now. | Feb 7, 2009 6:57:41 AM

Rosanna Pulido wants to put a stop to Mexico's Agenda to
    create a Spanish speaking Illegal Mexican Nation
    within the borders of the USA,Hoyt is acting like
    an"undocumented" representative of Mexico's Agenda!

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 7, 2009 7:01:20 AM

http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news_co ... ction.html

I'm so glad to hear that she survived that smug so and so's baseless challenge. I have had the good fortune of hearing her speak several times and she's an excellent advocate for this issue.

If you know anyone in the fifth district of Illinois, spread the word.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)