Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Immigration is NOT a Problem in the United States!

Former Republican presidential hopeful Tom Tancredo, The American Legion, Lou Dobbs, the Minutemen, and Sheriff Joe Arpaio in Phoenix AZ might try to tell you differently, but illegal immigration into the United States is not actually a problem. It is a symptom of the underlying problem: economic injustice. Estimates suggest that 12 million undocumented immigrants live in the U.S. Something pushed them out of their home countries. Something drew them here. To understand where the real problem lies, consider the push/pull factors.

Economic desperation pushed these people to the U.S. out of their own homes and countries and far from their loved ones and families. Free trade agreements like NAFTA contribute to the problem in North America. Yes, NAFTA created a half million Mexican manufacturing jobs. However, at the same time, it displaced 1.5-2 million workers. When there is no work, there is no food, no livelihood; workers must migrate to live. According to the World Bank, 53% of Mexico's population live on less than $2 a day and closer to 24% live in extreme poverty, less than $1 a day.

Thus enters the "pull" factor. In fact, Mexicans and Central Americans are willing to risk death for a chance to find employment, and they continue to take increased risks to cross borders. Once in the U.S., they will work at low paying jobs that no one else will fill.* Because they're willing to work at the most dangerous jobs, one immigrant a day will die in the work place. They will work for lower wages and for minimal or no benefits. They are, as the 2006 film title suggests: "Dying to Live."

Illegal immigration to the U.S. is not a problem to U.S. employers who maximize their profits on the backs of desperate people. Illegal immigration is no problem to the U.S. Social Security Administration that receives perhaps $7 billion annually due to contributions from undocumented workers who will never receive any benefits back from that system. And because the U.S. politicians want to ingratiate themselves with business and keep Social Security afloat, illegal immigration is no problem to them either.

Illegal immigration into the U.S. is not a problem. Rather it is the symptom of a much bigger problem. The real problem is economic injustice.

---------

* From Pew Hispanic Center statistics: These industries have more than twice the representation of unauthorized workers than the whole labor force: Landscaping services 26%; Animal slaughter & processing 20%; services to buildings & homes 19%; Dry cleaning & laundry 17%; Cut & sew apparel mfg 16%; Crop production 16%; Private households 14%; Traveler accommodation 14%; Restaurants & food services 11%; Construction 10%; Groceries and related prod. 8%

http://borderexplorer.blogspot.com/2009 ... em-in.html

Economic injustice is forcing the American taxpayer to subsidize employers that hire illegals. We're sick and tired of illegals' hands in our wallets. At the same time we struggle to get by, getting fewer benefits from our governments than these criminals.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Deport, deport all undocumented illegal immigrants in our Country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

UT ..just ONE illegal is too many, let’s start w/the usurper & his cronies..!! ;)

Illegal Migration IS a Problem in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticMe
    Former Republican presidential hopeful Tom Tancredo, The American Legion, Lou Dobbs, the Minutemen, and Sheriff Joe Arpaio in Phoenix AZ might try to tell you differently, but illegal immigration into the United States is not actually a problem. It is a symptom of the underlying problem: economic injustice. Estimates suggest that 12 million undocumented immigrants live in the U.S. Something pushed them out of their home countries. Something drew them here. To understand where the real problem lies, consider the push/pull factors.

Economic desperation pushed these people to the U.S. out of their own homes and countries and far from their loved ones and families. Free trade agreements like NAFTA contribute to the problem in North America. Yes, NAFTA created a half million Mexican manufacturing jobs. However, at the same time, it displaced 1.5-2 million workers. When there is no work, there is no food, no livelihood; workers must migrate to live. According to the World Bank, 53% of Mexico's population live on less than $2 a day and closer to 24% live in extreme poverty, less than $1 a day.

Thus enters the "pull" factor. In fact, Mexicans and Central Americans are willing to risk death for a chance to find employment, and they continue to take increased risks to cross borders. Once in the U.S., they will work at low paying jobs that no one else will fill.* Because they're willing to work at the most dangerous jobs, one immigrant a day will die in the work place. They will work for lower wages and for minimal or no benefits. They are, as the 2006 film title suggests: "Dying to Live."

Illegal immigration to the U.S. is not a problem to U.S. employers who maximize their profits on the backs of desperate people. Illegal immigration is no problem to the U.S. Social Security Administration that receives perhaps $7 billion annually due to contributions from undocumented workers who will never receive any benefits back from that system. And because the U.S. politicians want to ingratiate themselves with business and keep Social Security afloat, illegal immigration is no problem to them either.

Illegal immigration into the U.S. is not a problem. Rather it is the symptom of a much bigger problem. The real problem is economic injustice.

---------

* From Pew Hispanic Center statistics: These industries have more than twice the representation of unauthorized workers than the whole labor force: Landscaping services 26%; Animal slaughter & processing 20%; services to buildings & homes 19%; Dry cleaning & laundry 17%; Cut & sew apparel mfg 16%; Crop production 16%; Private households 14%; Traveler accommodation 14%; Restaurants & food services 11%; Construction 10%; Groceries and related prod. 8%

http://borderexplorer.blogspot.com/2009 ... em-in.html
    Hey, if YOU know this is a piece of propaganda, like MANY other posts I see that you’ve posted, then WHY NOT note SOMETHING in the title..? ..or either at the top or bottom of said crap?

IGNORANT Americans are having a hard enough time differentiating the difference between “immigrantsâ€
    No need for ‘mass roundups’, simply ENFORCE EXISTING law*& MANDATE the worker ID, ..but SEVEN amnesties? Hmm, WHO cried wolf?!

Gee, I feel SO DUMB!!!!! All this time wasted calling Represenatives,writting letters, donating money & time and there it was right in front of me (kinda hidden by MSM)...
    They just WANT WHAT I HAVE.... Gee, might have to discuss this one with my kids because it was thier country too.

Up here in North and South Dakota we are taught at a very early age...
    RESPECT... and, You Just CANT Fix STUPID !
    There is 10 minutes of my Life I can NEVER replace!!!
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

Re: Illegal Immigration is NOT a Problem in the United State

but illegal immigration into the United States is not actually a problem. It is a symptom of the underlying problem: economic injustice.
    This is the biggest bunch of BS I have seen. Economic injustice, so now these poor illegal aliens are victims? We should feel sorry for them and open our wallets? Give me a break. Send them all back home so we can deal with our own economical problems.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Re: Illegal Immigration is NOT a Problem in the United State

This is the biggest bunch of BS I have seen. Economic injustice, so now these poor illegal aliens are victims? We should feel sorry for them and open our wallets? Give me a break. Send them all back home so we can deal with our own economical problems.
    Amen to that. I responded to this woman and tried to open a debate, but she doesn't want to use her blog as a place for that.

Steph, we're in agreement that the immigration situation is symptomatic of a much deeper problem (greed). Yes, the symptom is problematic, but that problem is not fixed for reasons stated in the post.

There is no legal way for the vast majority of undocumented persons to immigrate to the US lawfully. Until that is reformed, it is pointless to blame them for being willing to die to survive.

Feel free to email me. I don't care to turn this blog post into a dialogue.
    Which tells me that she just wants to run her mouth about things she has no real understanding of. People like her are part of the problem. All complaint and "oooh, feel sorry for the poor, abused illegal immigrant, but don't call me on my obviously biased opinion and don't ask me to have a solution, I just can't think that far ahead..." You've never going to change the minds of these kinds of people until a tragedy happens.

With the economy and job losses in the US, with temporary aid (welfare) being cut, how long before Americans will need to "migrate" to another country (Canada?) to be able to put a roof over their children's heads and food in their mouths? Like the author said, "When there is no work, there is no food, no livelihood, workers must migrate to live".

But YES, let's worry about Mexico FIRST!!! Sounds like a good idea.