http://news.baou.com/main.php?action=recent&rid=20293

Illegal Immigration: A Small Town Cop's Perspective

Editorial/Op-Ed

by Frosty Wooldridge

LOUISVILLE, COLORADO -- (OfficialWire) -- 06/20/05 -- On May 14, 2005, illegal alien Raul Garcia Gomez allegedly shot and killed police officer Donald Young in Denver, Colorado in an execution-style murder. A bullet proof vest saved Young’s partner Officer Bishop. Gomez raced back to Mexico to escape prosecution.

What often happens in America is a double standard. Officers stopped Gomez three separate times for traffic offenses and he presented a Mexican driver’s license with no insurance. He would have been arrested on the third offense if he was an American citizen. He would have been taken to jail. Instead, like millions of illegals driving without a license, he was let off. That’s the reason Officer Donald Young is dead. It was a mini-9/11 on a personal level. Young left a wife and two daughters without a father. Their loss is no different than those who lost loved ones on 9/11 because of non-enforcement of immigration laws.

What’s happening across America is a deliberate dismantling of the rule of law by those in higher office. Whether it happened before 9/11 or is happening now, this Congress and president continue ignoring their oath of office and US law. What you and I must abide by, illegal aliens need not. The implications span our entire society. A full 95 percent of homicide warrants in Los Angles last year were made out to illegal aliens. Officer David Marsh of Los Angeles was gunned down by an illegal alien two years ago. The killer, Garcia, like most illegal aliens, skipped back to Mexico.

Jack R. Gates is a cop in small town America. He illustrates what is happening across America at blinding speed as our leaders invite this illegal alien invasion without end.

"I remember the first cocaine-possession arrest I made several years ago," Gates said. "It was a few grams, certainly not headline worthy, but a good arrest nonetheless. I attempted to ask the man questions after the arrest but I wasn't able to do this because he didn't speak English. I called in a reserve deputy sheriff I knew, who also happened to teach Spanish at a local high school, to translate for me. We went through the standard questions, and it became clear to me during our interpreted conversation that the arrested man was illegally in this country."

Gates continued, "My first DWI arrest, which goes back a year or two before the cocaine arrest, was also an illegal alien from Mexico. He spoke very little English and I had to muster through the paperwork-intensive DWI-arrest process with my limited Spanish and his limited English."

What Gates illustrates is a breakdown at the Federal level that puts all officers across America at risk as well as American citizens. Gates can’t do his job and we are not assured of a civil society where the rule of law allows our freedoms. With an estimated 20 million people living outside the law, we’re all at risk.

"I was once called to an apartment complex to quell a peace disturbance of loud music," Gates said. "Upon arrival, I was soon surrounded by a group of intoxicated illegal aliens, some of whom had no identification. I was able to breathe easier only when several back-up units arrived to render assistance."

"I can think of at least a dozen traffic stops I've made where one or more of the occupants spoke no English and had no documentation to prove they were legally in the United States," Gates said. "Many times I've been handed driver’s licenses from other countries."

Gates illustrates a massive fraud of America’s rule of law. Last year, over 300,000 illegal aliens defrauded New York City with false social security numbers and birth certificatesâ€â€