http://www.newswithviews.com/Walker/jill12.htm

A "MINUTEMAN'S" STORY
ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, TREASON, AND BUFFET RESTAURANTS
PART 2

By Jill Cohen Walker, J.D.

August 28, 2005
NewsWithViews.com

I haven’t digressed from my original plan. I’m going to share the history of Mexicans in the United States. However, I must start with an interjection that relates. I write this as I watch a team of “Hispanics� revitalize my apartment community. Only two Americans supervise and fix what’s done incorrectly and there’s a lot that had to be fixed. According to a construction worker I spoke with, it’s cheaper that way and the contractor makes more money. It’s an old story.

For three months I worked at a Golden Corral restaurant... home of the Great American Steak and Buffet. The home office of this franchise is in Columbus, GA. When I first started working there, the makeup of the staff was diverse, at least in appearance, which means race not necessarily beliefs. There were several Blacks, several Caucasians, and several “Hispanics� (there’s that invented term again) to signify folks from Spanish speaking countries, most of whom said they did not speak English. Training and working with a few of them was a surreal experience in sign language and charades, albeit some were hard workers.

I remember when the assistant manager of our store told me to bone up on my high school Spanish. I reminded him that this was America and it would serve the next new “Hispanic� employee well to learn English. They don’t have to anymore thanks to federal and state laws that fail to protect the American culture and workers. The burden is on us.

When a new management team was sent in, they wanted to make their labor bonus. Several American citizens lost their jobs and were replaced with “Hispanicsâ€?, i.e., “Fernandoâ€? and his cousins, “Sanchezâ€? and his wife and two sisters... you get the pictureâ€â€