Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member controlledImmigration's Avatar

Illegal immigration. What's the problem?

Contributed by: Ron Girard on 8/27/2007

2 years ago, my house in Aurora was broken into by 4 illegal aliens from the country of Mexico. The Aurora police dept were able to arrest these people and recovered the stolen property. When it came time for the court case to appear, these 4 people were not deported or even given jail time, there were given 90 days probation and during the court appearance the tax payers had to pay for a Spanish translator for these aliens.

You may be wondering why "just" probation? Maybe it could have been something because they were illegal aliens? I just know that if I broke into my neighbors' house I would be doing jail time and not probation.

The neighbor who lives in front of me is in the military. Her son is going to CU Boulder. The strange thing is, is that they have to pay out-of-state tuition. However, if you're a child from an illegal alien, you get to pay in-state tuition. Do you think that is right? Our American soldiers get treated poorly like this and the illegal aliens get the breaks and benefits?

My cousin Christine, who lives in Massachusetts, was having her roof redone. She got several bids, and went with the most cost effective contractor (this contractor underbid all the others). Her roof was done and about a month later, the city came out and did an inspection and found many problems with how the roof was done and was leaking. She tried calling the contractor many times and got no answer. Then finally she was able to reach the contractor on his cell phone and found out that he was having a problem getting back into the country from Guatemala (Illegal alien). How did this person get an official license to operate? Was it a fake license? Now, my cousin has to pay another contractor to fix what this illegal alien did to her roof. Do you think this was fair? Are many contractors being under-bid for low cost/low quality work from illegal aliens?

Is it fair that some illegal aliens rape our children and commit other crimes (like shooting our police officers, and shooting 7-Eleven clerks) and then get away with them, and then our government takes a deaf ear?

Please take note, that I am not saying anything about legal immigrants in our country, I am stating exactly about "Illegal aliens" no matter what country they have come from that are here illegally.

Do you think that it is fair that as Americans, we have to pay for the FREE social services, free medical services etc. that these illegal aliens benefit from? Not to mention the unearned income credit that they apply for as well. Do you think it is fair that these illegal aliens are demanding rights as American citizens (remember, they are here illegally)?

I was in a restaurant last weekend (pizza), my friends and I ordered a large pizza and while we were eating, I saw the cashier accepting some strange looking money. When we were all finished eating, I asked the cashier, what kind of money was accepted, and was told it was pesos. I asked how you can accept foreign money, and was told that they just go to the bank and then have it converted into US dollars. Do you think it is fair that some stores are now accepting foreign types of money in our country instead of US currency? Are we catering too much to the illegal alien?

I am a decorated US military veteran and until recently, I have never been called a racist, a bigot, a xenophobe, just for being an American and doing what is right and lawful concerning illegal immigration.

Of course I will get rebuked for writing this article, but before you reply with something nasty, just ask yourself these questions:

1. Have your wages been lowered because your employer can get cheaper illegal immigrant workers?

2. Do you approve of people who do not pay into social security etc. on the jobs they do, then collect monies from the social security dept as an illegal alien?

3. Do you want to send your children to college, but you and your husband have 2 jobs and are just "getting buy" and can't afford it. Do you approve of illegal aliens getting in-state tuition?

4. Would you approve of your medical insurance going up, to pay for free medical services for illegal aliens?

5. Do you know that many terrorists come accross the Mexican border?

6. Can't find work, as illegal aliens have taken your job at a lower wage?

http://denver.yourhub.com/CommerceCity/ ... 53550.aspx

Illegal immigration,whats the problem?

I agree with everything in your post 100%. These people are treated better than U.S. citizens and we are here legally by birth. I don't know why our government feels that they have to walk on cotton for people who are in this country Illegally. The things that they receive,they should not be receiving because they are not citizens of this country. But, Bush went down to Mexico in 01 and he made an agreement with Fox at that time about giving illegal Mexicans amnesty along with other things. Our immigration laws do not need to be reformed they just need to be enforced. Bush is letting the Mexican government tell him how our immigration laws should be when their laws are far more harsh than ours. As a matter of fact, our laws are not harsh at all. Its ashame that Bush and the dems. took an oath with their hand of GODS WORD and lied the whole time they had their hand on the Bible.