Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Irish immigrants may be given right to stay in US

http://www.online.ie/news/viewer.adp?article=3211111

online.ie
    2005-03-03 07:40:02+00

Thousands of illegal Irish immigrants may reportedly be given the right to stay in the United States under new proposals put forward by the Bush administration.

Reports this morning said US Ambassador James Kenny briefed the Oireachtas foreign affairs committee about the proposals yesterday.

Under the plans, illegal Irish immigrants would reportedly have to present themselves to the authorities, show they have a good record and pay a fine.

They would then apparently be granted a three-year temporary visa, after which they could apply for permanent US residency.

http://www.online.ie/news/viewer.adp?article=3211111

online.ie
    2005-03-03 07:40:02+00

Thousands of illegal Irish immigrants may reportedly be given the right to stay in the United States under new proposals put forward by the Bush administration.

Reports this morning said US Ambassador James Kenny briefed the Oireachtas foreign affairs committee about the proposals yesterday.

Under the plans, illegal Irish immigrants would reportedly have to present themselves to the authorities, show they have a good record and pay a fine.

They would then apparently be granted a three-year temporary visa, after which they could apply for permanent US residency.

This story is not hard to believe. Here is Bush hard at work against the (American) people as usual. But here we have a three year visa leading up to permanent residency! Assuming these illegal Irish are white, its obvious this will give ever more BS power to the illegal mexicans supporters' in making their accusations of racism. I can just hear them: "and 'brown people' cant even get a guest worker program without a battle".

This story is not hard to believe. Here is Bush hard at work against the (American) people as usual. But here we have a three year visa leading up to permanent residency! Assuming these illegal Irish are white, its obvious this will give ever more BS power to the illegal mexicans supporters' in making their accusations of racism. I can just hear them: "and 'brown people' cant even get a guest worker program without a battle".

I was looking back through the old posts in this area, which eventually receive a lot of READS by the way.... I found this.

I guess we know why Ireland has just weighed in with Mexico behind Bush's plan.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is an oldie but goodie! I'd never seen this before but I think all the Irish illegals should be booted to the border just like the Japanese, Koreans, British, Mexicans, Canadians and all the others in the US ILLEGALLY! No favorites here and I'm 1/4 Irish.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Illegal is Illegal and back to Ireland they should go.

BTW, I'm half Irish.

OUT OF HERE, YOU ILLEGAL ALIENS FROM IRELAND. O-U-T.

My relatives came from Ireland. I'm an American. I say, OUT OF HERE.

And by the way, if any of my relatives from Ireland are listening, I say this to you....I am not Irish. I am not Irish-American. I am an American. Put that in your shepards pie and eat it !!

And if you don't respect my country enough to come here the right way, then, as President Bush says, "Stay put".

I don't do that to your country, don't do it to mine.

sadly I am also part Irish-but it is true that if they stay then the race card will have weight-
    also did you read the thread where 60,000 pakistanias have been granted green cards- ( or allowed in - I must admit I need to read up on legal immigration)
    bad bad bad ~
    I personally have a real problem with primitive countries- like the pakistanias- where they oppress murder and rape their women-
    I also do not see why the united states has to keep taking all the world's peoples-
    We are not the most affluent country- we are crowded and if I may say so- at some point problems are going to have to be dealt with where they originate -

Ireland is MY FAVORITE country NEXT TO AMERICA BUT, if ANYONE from ANY COUNTRY is here illegally, they should go back. Based on my experience, I just don't believe this represents the views of most Irish people.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton