Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Illegal status of Obama’s aunt hot topic with Hispanics

Illegal status of Obama’s aunt highlights hot topic with Hispanics

Obama's half aunt, Zeituni Onyango

Washington DC, Nov 3, 2008 / 06:46 pm (CNA).- With just hours to go before the U.S. election, Sen. Barack Obama has dared to comment on the politically sensitive subject of immigration, saying that he supports the deportation of his aunt, who has illegally been living in the U.S. for the last four years.

In an interview with CBS News' Katie Couric on Sunday, Obama said: "If she is violating laws those laws have to be obeyed. We're a nation of laws. Obviously that doesn't lessen my concern for her, I haven't been able to be in touch with her. But I'm a strong believer you have to obey the law."

Obama’s reaction comes after the Associated Press revealed last Friday that his half aunt, Zeituni Onyango, is living in public housing in Boston after having been denied political asylum and told to leave the country by a federal immigration judge in 2004.

The AP also discovered that Onyango had donated $260 in small amounts to the Obama campaign, which is illegal for non-U.S. citizens to do under campaign finance law. The Obama campaign has announced it is returning the money.

The plight of Obama’s aunt raises the situation of immigrants to the national stage at the eleventh hour of the election campaign.

Archbishop Jose Gomez of San Antonio, who is an American citizen with a Hispanic background, recently addressed the national debate surrounding immigration, calling it “bad for the soul of America.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Obama’s stand on his whether or not his aunt should be deported could cost him votes within the Latino electorate, which views him as having a Latino-friendly stand on immigration.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How can Obama say his Aunt should leave as the law states, but over 12 million other illegal aliens in the US get to receive his or McCain's path to citizenship if they get that past congress?

Jive talkin Obama.

W

What the hell is a "half aunt?"
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

This 1/2 aunt seems to feel that she doesn't have to abide by the U.S. Laws...same as her 1/2 nephew re his birth certificate........must be a family thing
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by grandmasmad
    This 1/2 aunt seems to feel that she doesn't have to abide by the U.S. Laws...same as her 1/2 nephew re his birth certificate........must be a family thing
    sounds half assed to me

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    How can Obama say his Aunt should leave as the law states, but over 12 million other illegal aliens in the US get to receive his or McCain's path to citizenship if they get that past congress?

Jive talkin Obama.

W
    Maybe he wants to get his Aunt out of here before she opens her mouth about him?

Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmasmad
    sounds half assed to me

[quote]“I don’t know how many anti-immigrant laws have been enacted this year. I’ve lost track. The last I heard, it was something like 200 new laws in 40 states. And that’s just this year. In 2007, I believe there were 240 new laws in 46 states,â€
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Obama’s stand on his whether or not his aunt should be deported could cost him votes within the Latino electorate, which views him as having a Latino-friendly stand on immigration.
    Why are illegal invaders and or their advocates worried? Barrack doesn't want you deported! He is only once again, willing to throw a family member under the bus for his own political gain!

On the other hand, I suggest we all remember how he responded to this line of questioning. Certainly, someone who believes the rule of law should be followed, could not possibly advocate rewarding those who have chosen to break our laws with citizenship!

That just wouldn't make sense!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast