Quote Originally Posted by MW
You're not listening, Judy. All it seems I'm doing is giving you the opportunity to twist many of my comments in order to utilize the standard Fairy Tax talking points. IMO, it's useless to argue over it at this point because it will not become reality anytime soon (probably never). However, I do see the possibility of a VAT being added to our current system, which isn't good. Like the say, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
Oh, I'm listening, MW! In fact, I've taken the time to listen to every word you've had to say against the FairTax. I've also taken the time to address your objections. I've also supported a national retail sales tax to replace the mandated income tax since I was a freshman in college and old enough to know the difference, like most Republicans. And for the past 30+ years I've watched the failure to change our tax system from an unconstitutional anti-liberty anti-business anti-worker mandated income tax system to a voluntary national retail sales tax system, destroy our economy and bankrupt our government. Of all the various national sales tax proposals I've read and studied, even wrote one in college for a term paper assignment, got an A+ on it and the teacher read it to the class, the FairTax is the best by far. It is brilliant and the most perfect tax collection system for our country, our people, our businesses and our economy that has ever been presented to the American People.

Does it have a chance to pass? Oh yes, it definitely has a chance to pass. It has 61 Co-Sponsors in the US House of Representatives, 8 x the number of sponsors that any of the Obama Care proposals had. In addition, Democrats in Congress are finally coming forward and admitting that the income tax system is a failure and their economic advisers are recommending a national sales tax of some type, many of them pushing the value-added tax or a VAT which while it's not as efficient, simple and transparent as the FairTax, it is a national sales tax nonetheless. This is an important development because it dissipates all the talking points against a national retail sales tax like the FairTax.

As the issue bubbles up to the forefront, I think the advantages of the FairTax national retail sales tax and the rock of reason upon which it stands will prevail. I sure hope so, because it's what our country needs to fix the errors of the past that have destroyed our economy and bankrupted our government.

www.fairtax.org