Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegals fire shots into 7-Eleven at man with Border Patrol

Illegals fire shots into 7-Eleven at man with Border Patrol Hat

Cops get silent treatment

One person questioned in Basalt shooting case doesn't give much help

Scott Condon
    Glenwood Springs, CO Colorado
    June 29, 2007

BASALT — Basalt investigators questioned a man Wednesday who acknowledged a verbal altercation with a clerk at the 7-Eleven but denied shooting at the store Tuesday night.

Police identified one of the two men in the altercation from images from a surveillance camera. The two Latino men are also "persons of interest" in the shooting.

Police on Wednesday questioned the man identified, who lives in Basalt, but didn't take him into custody.

"He was not very forthcoming," Police Chief Keith Ikeda said Thursday. "It's making it very difficult to proceed forward with this case."

The man claimed he doesn't know anything about the shooting, according to Ikeda. He also declined to identify the second man or lead police to a car thought to be connected to the case.

After the verbal altercation, the men departed in a car fitting the description of a vehicle seen in the area at the time of the shooting, Ikeda said. The verbal altercation and the shooting were about 90 minutes apart.

Five bullets penetrated a large, plate-glass window in the front of the 7-Eleven about 11:10 p.m. Tuesday. No one was hurt, although the clerk and four patrons were lucky to escape injury or death, Ikeda said.

Witnesses reported hearing the shots then tires "squealing" as a car sped from Two Rivers Road in front of the store, according to Ikeda. Authorities don't know if the shots were fired from inside the car, so they're not calling the case a drive-by shooting, Ikeda said.

Law enforcement officials throughout the valley are on the lookout for a silver or gray Honda Civic or Accord sedan.

Police have several leads to follow despite the lack of cooperation from the man they have identified: "You just keep on plugging away and finding information you can on these guys," Ikeda said.

Even with the shooters at large, Bruno Kirchenwitz continues wearing his "U.S. Border Patrol" baseball hat that possibly made him the target of Tuesday's gunfire.

Kirchenwitz, 55, is a part-time clerk at 7-Eleven. He said the two Latino men came into the store and asked if he was the guy who wears the Border Patrol hat. He acknowledged he is, although he wasn't wearing it at the time.

Kirchenwitz claimed the men threatened him and said they would wait for him outside the store. They left a short time later.

The verbal altercation occurred about 9:30 p.m.

Kirchenwitz ended his shift around 10 p.m. and left the store to catch a bus about 15 minutes later.

Another clerk was on duty when the shots were fired at 11:10 p.m.

Kirchenwitz said that after the incident, law enforcement officials rousted him out of the tent where he is temporarily living and brought him back to the 7-Eleven for a statement.

He said he wasn't scared when he saw the five bullet holes in the store's window. He said he won't be intimidated from wearing the U.S. Border Patrol hat.

"I'm wearing it now, I'll wear it tomorrow," he said Thursday.

Kirchenwitz lived in the Roaring Fork Valley from 1980 until 1994. He returned in February. He and his wife are homeless after getting evicted from a mobile home, he said.

Kirchenwitz said that the "fabric of the valley" was frayed from the actions of "greedy developers" and the influx of illegal immigrants while he was away.

When asked if he wears the hat to provoke confrontations, Kirchenwitz insisted he is a "nice guy" who doesn't seek confrontation. The hat is merely a philosophical statement in the illegal immigration debate, he said. "I've got an attitude about this immigration thing."

Kirchenwitz said he believes people who come into the U.S. are exploited for cheap labor by American businesses. He also claimed that illegal workers take jobs from citizens.

He said he doesn't know why anyone would be offended by the hat since the Border Patrol is simply a law enforcement agency.

He said he also tries to keep a sense of humor in the immigration debate by wearing a T-shirt that says, "Jesus is my gardener."

http://www.postindependent.com/article/ ... /FRONTPAGE
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Can't express an opinion in public without threat of violence. Can't wear a border patrol hat without being accused of trying to provoke something.
    Are we supposed to obey the illegals every wish as to what we wear? They sure don't have any concept of what a Democracy is.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

We are seeing more reports, here on the boards at alipac, of rising agression and threats of violence against Americans that speak out.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    We are seeing more reports, here on the boards at alipac, of rising agression and threats of violence against Americans that speak out.

W
    I haven't said this before, but I believe the illegals will resort to violence to get what they want. With the failure of Bush's amnesty bill, and the increased raids by ICE, I think many Americans are in danger.

I'm scared for the minuteman, the Border Patrol, ICE agents, local city law enforcement, and anti-ilegal immigration activists who appear publicly.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

I think the illegals will stop at nothing to get what they want. I'm still troubled by the one post that I read where there are death bounties out on our military and their families and the border patrol.

To me that is a declaration of war and our President should be on it, immediately. This is just another example of how he fails the American people.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

I've wondered about this as well.

Lie detector test: Fired 7-Eleven clerk telling truth
    He was accused of starting spat

By Alan Gathright, Rocky Mountain News
    July 28, 2007

A 7-Eleven clerk who was fired after a bullet-riddled dispute over his U.S. Border Patrol cap passed a lie-detector test indicating that he didn't instigate the clash, a radio talk-show host said Friday.

Two Hispanic men were angered by clerk Bruno Kirchenwitz's cap that he wore off the job to protest illegal immigration. They confronted him at the 7-Eleven in Basalt, and 45 minutes later, a sniper fired five shots into the store.

Kirchenwitz had left work shortly before the shooting happened.

He said he was fired because of his views on immigration.

But Margaret Chabris, a spokeswoman for 7-Eleven Inc., said Kirchenwitz was dismissed for violating company rules prohibiting employees from engaging in confrontations with customers.

"He wasn't fired for his political position. It has nothing to do with that or his views on illegal immigration," she said.

Interviews with Kirchenwitz's co-workers and feedback from store customers "raised other customer service issues that were concerning to us," Chabris added. She said she couldn't discuss details of the personnel matter.

Kirchenwitz said he has repeatedly received good job reviews from 7-Eleven.

"I'm a people person," he said. "I have don't have negative customer interactions."

Denver talk-radio host Peter Boyles, a crusader against illegal immigration, announced Friday on KHOW- AM (630), "Bruno is telling the truth!"

Boyles said the station footed the bill for the test. Polygraph results are considered too unreliable to be admitted as evidence in U.S. courts; nevertheless the results spurred KHOW callers to demand a boycott of 7-Eleven for canning Kirchenwitz after the June 26 incident.

Boyles also blasted Basalt Police Chief Keith Ikeda, who was quoted as saying that Kirchenwitz told the men to "bring it on" - a challenge the ex-clerk denied making.

Kirchenwitz said that 7-Eleven officials told him he had "invited these two gangbangers to meet me after work because I wanted to fight them, which is totally untrue. I have nothing to hide," he told the Rocky Mountain News.

The police chief has said two persons of interest, whom he would not identify, have been contacted in connection with the shooting.

"We are very confident there will be felony charges resulting from this case," Ikeda said.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/l ... 68,00.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn