Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegals Get $100,000 In Damage Lawsuit

INVASION USA
    Illegals get $100,000 in damage lawsuit
    Sheriff: 'I don't believe criminals are entitled to compensation'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: April 4, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
    © 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Gilmer Hernandez in Del Rio, Texas, prison (Photo: SWTexasLive.com)

A damage lawsuit brought by two illegal aliens injured by shell fragments when Deputy Gilmer Hernandez shot at the tires of the van in which they escaped from a routine traffic stop has been settled for $100,000, but the sheriff is unhappy any payment was made.

Sheriff Don G. Letsinger of Rocksprings, Texas, has confirmed to WND that the lawsuit brought by Maricela Rodriquez-Garcia and Candio Garcia-Perez, the two illegal immigrants who were injured, has been settled.

The $100,000 figure had been recommended by the West Texas Rural Counties Association, an insurance pool that will pay the settlement, as a result of a mediation meeting held in Austin, Texas.

(Story continues below)

The plaintiffs had planned to sue Hernandez and Letsinger individually, as well as in their official positions, plus Edwards County, where both worked.

Letsinger told WND that the West Texas Rural Counties Association advice in the mediation meeting was to accept the $100,000 settlement because that amount would equal the cost of litigation. But it was far from the $1.5 million Rodriquez-Garcia and Garcia-Perez demanded initially.

As part of the settlement, Rodriquez-Garcia and Garcia-Perez agreed to pursue no further litigation against Hernandez, Letsinger, or Edwards County.

"The settlement was fair," Letsinger told WND. "I'm happy about the settlement in that we would have had to spend $100,000 to litigate the case anyway."

Still, Letsinger expressed his unhappiness that the settlement had to be paid at all.

"As far as these people getting any money at all, I'm not happy about that," Letsinger commented. "I don't think they deserve anything. I don't believe that people who participate in a criminal conspiracy to rob a bank and then get shot trying to escape should be entitled to compensation."

Letsinger explained to WND that Rodriquez-Garcia and Garcia-Perez were involved in a conspiracy to import illegal immigrants into the United States when they were injured.

"These people were involved in a conspiracy to break the law," Letsinger said. "They assaulted an officer of the law and these two women got wounded as a result. I'm not happy they got compensated."

"Still, I'm happy the case is over," Letsinger concluded, "and the main thing is that they signed an agreement that they wouldn't sue Gilmer. That gets Gilmer and his wife out from under any kind of judgment from them."

Hernandez has been sentenced to one year plus one day in federal prison for criminally violating the civil rights of the illegal aliens who were in a van that attempted to run over Hernandez after a traffic stop April 14, 2005, in Rocksprings, Texas. As WND reported, the federal government had recommended a seven-year prison term.

Rodriguez-Garcia was injured in the face and Garcia-Perez on the arm by shell fragments from Hernandez's weapon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you a representative of the media who would like to interview the author of this story? Let us know.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=55025
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    [quote]"The settlement was fair," Letsinger told WND. "I'm happy about the settlement in that we would have had to spend $100,000 to litigate the case anyway." [/quote]

It's attitudes like this that are influencing criminal aliens to file lawsuit after lawsuit. This guy has absolutely no concern for the message the awarded lawsuit sends out.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Another case of rolling over to the scum, Doesn't say much for Texas.
    Sam Houston be shamed. Remember the Alamo
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Looks like the door has been kicked wide open. Any illegal entering the country that gets injured in any way, resisting or fleeing arrest can sue and win. The precedence has been set. It seems like they have found a way to circumvent the legal system by instilling fear of prosecution and lawsuits into law enforcement community.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

This is by no means the first lawsuit by crininals and I doubt it will be the last. Given the south texas judicial system it could have turned out much worse. Just ask agents Ramos and Campean if you don't believe me.
    <div>If you love this nation, please stop illegal immigration.</div>