Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegals serving in the Military?

Did I miss something last night during Bush's speach? Did I hear him mention that there was a wounded military person who was hospitalized who wanted to become a US Citizen. Does our government "hire" illegals to serve in the military?

The US military does not take illegal aliens. Illegal aliens are required to register with Seletive Service. The only non-citizens the military will take are green card holders.

The guy Bush was talking about was a Marine. I can't speak for them but as a career USAF NCO I can tell you that the US Air Force would take green card holders but the jobs they could hold were very limited because they could not hold a security clearance. If my memory is correct, they could only serve one enlistment and could not be promoted past E-4 unless they became citizens.

Now I'm really confused.

During the liberation of
    Iraq, Master Gunnery Sergeant Denogean was seriously injured. When asked if he had any requests, he made two a promotion for the corporal who helped rescue him and the chance to become an American citizen. And when this brave Marine raised his right hand, and swore an oath to become a citizen of the country he had defended for more than 26 years, I was honored to stand at his side.

I thought that when I joined the military I was asked if I was a US Citizen. Am I missing something here?

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningt ... ards_2.htm

Citizenship

While there is a statutory requirement that only a United States Citizen may become a commissioned officer, this is not true for enlistment. Certain non-citizens can enlist in the United States Armed Forces. To be eligible to enlist, a non-citizen must:

(1) Entered the United States on a permanent residence visa or has an Alien Registration Receipt Card (INS Form 1-551/I-551 greencard or stamped I-94), and

(2) Established a bona fide residence, and

(3) Established a home of record in the United States.

The visa and/or "greencard" must have sufficient time remaining on it (expiration date) to be valid during the entire term on enlistment. While non-citizens may enlist in the U.S. Military, they are not allowed to reenlist (stay in beyond their first term of service), unless they first become U.S. Citizens. However, there are accelerated citizenship procedures for non-citizens on active duty. For details, see our article, U.S. Citizenship in the Military.
    I get lots of email from non-U.S. citizens, who do not live in the U.S., asking how they can join the U.S. Military. Quite simply, you can't. In order to join any branch of the United States Military, one must either be a U.S. Citizen, or one must be a legal immigrant, currently living in the United States, with a "green card." The United States Military cannot and will not assist in the immigration process. In order to join the U.S. Military, one must legally immigrate first, and then apply to join the military, once they are living in the U.S.

For enlistment purposes, citizens of the United States include citizens of: Guam, Puerto Rico, The U.S. Virgin Islands,The Northern Marianas Islands, American Samoa, The Federated States of Micronesia, and The Republic of the Marshall Islands.

Not all non-citizens may be eligible to enlist. Applicants who have been residents of countries considered hostile to the interests of the United States require a waiver. See your local recruiter for the most current list of countries considered hostile to the interests of the United States.

While non-citizens may enlist, they will find their job choices extremely limited. DOD policy prohibits granting security clearances to non-U.S. Citizens. Therefore, non-Citizens. who enlist in the United States military will be limited to those jobs which do not require a security clearance.
    I can't explain how the guy Bush talked about stayed in for so long

I think they may be giving some kind of visas to illegal aliens that want to enlist and then promise them fast-rack citizenship.

Then they can return to America as a voter that supports open borders. Also, they are training people with allegiance's to other nations how to use our military weaponry.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

well

In case you were not aware we have gang members in the military!

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/005130.htm
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

We had gang members in the military in the 90's. Not new and it can get tense on a ship.

We have had agreements with other countries to offer a path of citizenship. The Phillipines come to mind as a country we used to do this with. Although they were never given a position to have access to secure information or weaponry.

In 1986, that made up Gunner would have been given amnesty. It was all a lie.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

I remember a story on msnbc.com about a year ago in which a woman used a fake identity throughout her military career because she was illegal. If I remember correctly, she ultimately was caught and arrested--hopefully deported.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

While we were stationed in Germany we had an upstairs neighbor who was an E7 and she was a German citizen. I know this for a fact because we started "hanging out" after my husband has left for Iraq. She was a single Mom, she was a German citizen (US Green Card Holder) and she was an E7. I know this also from other people that tried to get her apartment but couldn't because she held a higher rank.

I've been out of the service for over 10 years and things may have changed but this is hard to believe. Non-citizens can't hold a security clearance. What kind of job did this E-7 have that didn't require a security clearance? How can a person get to be an E-7 and not re-enlist??