Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immig. officials say raids on illegals are within the law

Immigration officials say raids on illegals are within the law
    ELIZABETH LLORENTE

The federal government is increasingly deceiving unsuspecting illegal immigrants into granting entry to their homes, a growing chorus of lawyers and civil rights groups say.

They charge that in an overzealous effort to deport illegal immigrants, federal immigration agents forgo required search warrants, instead using ruses and intimidation to gain consent to enter and search private dwellings. In interviews with The Record and in a growing number of lawsuits, immigrants and critics of the raids say that U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement is violating the U.S. Constitution.

“They’re armed agents showing up at 5 a.m., banging on doors, kicking them in, going into people’s bedrooms, ripping covers off people in their beds, asking them questions when they’re half asleep, and seizing them and taking them away,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Looks like ICE is doing what they should have been doing all along, enforcing the law. It's about time.

[quote]Brenda Cumsille of Cliffside Park said more than a dozen ICE agents entered her home in April, asking about “Luis Borges.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    I know they have some constitutional right even as invaders, but I'm still amazed by how they could. And, how they can complain and bring lawsuits when they're here illegally.

The 5th Amendment provides the right to "plead the fifth" but doesn't that only matter while in court? Pre-trial rights would be under the Miranda, but that doesn't work until you're being arrested. And BTW, the courts have upheld again and again and again that cops can lie as an interrigation tactic.

my advice to the crybabies is get over it and go home.

[quote]outstanding deportation order, and deporting him in May. Cumsille said an unscrupulous “immigration consultantâ€
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

[i]Vasquez said. “I wasn’t worried because I thought they were looking for the man in the photo. I answered their questions because they didn’t indicate that they were investigating me and could arrest me.â€

UPA is a great organization.

Me and some other members of NY ICE and You Don't Speak For Me participated in an event they staged across from an unauthorized day laborer site in Bergenfield, New Jersey earlier this year, where we photographed people who came to pick up the illegals and staged a counterprotest.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Of course ICE is within the law. Now keep it up and do not stop regardless of what La Raza or any other ethno-centric group tries to do to stop it.

Mexico uses bullets to stop invaders on it's southern borders. Where does La Raza stand on that? Sending back an illegal who invaded this country via a one way bus ticket to Tijuana Seems dignified to me.

I find it interesting how our laws are used against us.
    I also like how we cater to certain ethnic groups. Got this from Lieberman when I wrote against any funding for la raza.

Thank you for contacting me regarding federal funding for the National Council of La Raza. I am pleased to hear from you on this issue.

As you may know, Representative Ruben Hinojosa (D-TX) introduced the Hope Fund Act of 2007 (H.R. 1999). This legislation directs the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development to make a grant to the National Council of La Raza of $5 million in 2008 and $10 million every year thereafter to provide technical and financial assistance to local nonprofit organizations to undertake community development and affordable housing projects and programs serving low- and moderate-income households, particularly through organizations located in neighborhoods with substantial populations of income-disadvantaged households of Hispanic origin. H.R. 1999 is currently pending debate before the House Committee on Financial Services.

Most recently, the House and Senate met and reconciled their respective versions of the Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act for 2008 (H.R. 3074). The conference agreement on H.R. 3074, which I support, includes one million dollars in funding for La Raza community development activities. This final version of H.R. 3074 has been passed by the House and is currently pending a vote before the Senate before being sent to President Bush. As a supporter of this legislation, I appreciate and understand your concerns about the possibility of La Raza's use of federal funds for political activities. Please be assured that I will be closely monitoring the use of any appropriation received by La Raza or any other organization to ensure that federal funds are not used for political purposes. To keep track of future actions on this legislation, you can go to the "Bill Tracking" service at http://lieberman.senate gov/issues/resources.

My official Senate web site is designed to be an on-line office that provides access to constituent services, Connecticut-specific information, and an abundance of information about what I am working on in the Senate on behalf of Connecticut and the nation. I am also pleased to let you know that I have launched an email news update service through my web site. You can sign up for that service by visiting http://lieberman.senate.gov and clicking on the "Subscribe Email News Updates" button at the bottom of the home page. I hope these are informative and useful.

Thank you again for letting me know your views and concerns. Please contact me if you have any additional questions or comments about our work in Congress.

He seemed to totally overlook the fact that I couldn't see how they could justify monies for this type of organization. I also stated we already had plenty of services available just through "normal social services," and didn't need any specific funding for a specific group of people.