Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigrant drivers in limbo (Illegals)

How can you give a certificate to someone to drive legally if they are here illegally? How under the law is this not aiding and abetting a criminal?

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.as ... ider=gnews

Immigrant drivers in limbo as state reconsiders certificates

The last of the driving certificates are set to expire in a couple of months.

Immigrants worry they'll be deported if they're caught driving with an expired certificate.

The certificates allow illegal immigrants to drive legally but are stamped with red letters saying they can't be used for identification.

State officials say they're unlikely to restore the program until the Department of Homeland Security releases guidelines for complying with the federal REAL ID Act of 2005. The act sets national standards for state driver's licenses.

Once the certificates run out and don't get renewed they will be in the same position that those whose visas expired. Under their name and driver's license it will say notify ICE. If a police officer runs them and that message comes up the officer must call ICE and they will be picked up. This is what has happened here in Florida and it is a blessing as we know that many will kicked out of the country. It helps ICE alot as they no longer have to hunt for them and this is an easy one for the police. All you need to do to find them is look at the expirary sticker on their license plate. If they don't have a valid license anymore then they can't renew the sticker and they drive with it expired. When an officer sees it is expired they have every right to pull the driver over. I look for them everytime I drive and see lots of them. Last week I saw one that expired in May of this year and notified a friend of mine who was on duty.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)