Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigrant mothers allowed back home

http://khastv.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=7790

Immigrant mothers allowed back home
    Dec 14, 2006

By Robert Price Not all of the suspected illegal immigrants detained in the raid are in Iowa some are back in Grand Island. In cases where married couples with children both worked at Swift and were detained, the mother has been allowed to return to her kids.

One of the alleged illegal immigrants is back at home, but her husband is still with authorities somewhere in Iowa.

The 261 suspected illegal immigrants detained in Tuesday's Swift raid were made up of both men and women, some of whom were married to each other.

If they had kids, the mom could go home.

Thursday News 5 spoke to one of those moms to get her perspective of the raid from the inside.

The mother and father of these two kids worked at Swift for three years before Tuesday's raid.

Their mother is now back at home.

She does not want to show her face or say her name, but through an interpreter, she will talk about the raid.

“Everybody started running - they was hiding,” she said. “They told me we had to run away because immigration was coming.”

She says the ICE agents moved quickly and were to the point.

“Told us to put away the knives and because we had no immigration papers we had to leave. They were so happy because we were going to be deported.”

After spending almost 12 hours with agents, she learned she would be released.

“If they have relatives they will not release them, but here, since we both worked, they let me be with my kids.”

As for her husband, who is still detained…

“Maybe they make him leave, maybe he can stay with a good record, maybe because we have two kids.”

She just says she wants second chance.

“I hope they give me a year, 6 months to fix everything and I can stay with my kids.”

The woman we spoke to is originally from Guatemala.

Another reason she thinks immigration may not deport her is because she came here when she was only 15. Or at least she hopes.

For now she does not see herself looking for new work anytime soon or even leaving the house.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Why aren't they on their way out the U.S.? Is this to be another farce on us Americans?

Our government should make it loud and clear that this is a warning. The next time, moms will not be allowed to go home, so everyone can pack up and leave.

April
    Maybe they make him leave, maybe he can stay with a good record, maybe because we have two kids.”

She just says she wants second chance.

I hope they give me a year, 6 months to fix everything and I can stay with my kids.”

Okay, another one oblivious that a crime has been committed. Gosh, would'nt it be nice if everyone who committed a crime got a year or 6 months to fix everything. Please lady, when you go, take your kids with you.

MW
    If her husband stole someone elses identity, he should be required time in prison prior to being deported. If I was ICE, I'd offer them a deal. The whole family is deported immediately or the husband serves time for I.D. theft and then the family will be deported. Now, if the wife was also working with someone else social security number - they both should be sent to prison. If such is the case, children are not a reason to forgive identity theft. Ask yourself this, how many American citizen single mothers are serving time in prison? The birthing of children does not exempt a criminal from prosecution!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Imagine that mommy and daddy can't pay the bills so they decide to rob a bank...but they get caught. Does mommy get to go home to take care of baby?

Nope, thats where child services steps in because the parents are behind bars and unfit to raise the child.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Added to Home Page as: Illegal Immigrant mothers allowed back home.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=48765

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    If her husband stole someone elses identity, he should be required time in prison prior to being deported. If I was ICE, I'd offer them a deal. The whole family is deported immediately or the husband serves time for I.D. theft and then the family will be deported. Now, if the wife was also working with someone else social security number - they both should be sent to prison. If such is the case, children are not a reason to forgive identity theft. Ask yourself this, how many American citizen single mothers are serving time in prison? The birthing of children does not exempt a criminal from prosecution!
    I'm with you MW. Yes it is so sad that children are left without parents, but it is the parents fault, not ours. That is what all these 'victims' and the media seem to be missing. If both parents are illegal, they should both be deported. Given the choice, any parent worthwhile, would want their children them. Thus, the children go with the parents. Simple! Why is this so complicated?

I lean toward prison time as well. But who pays for that? We do, then in addition we pay for the care of the children left behind. But if deported, does the whole family sneak back in once again, and steal another unsuspecting person's identity? Uh, border security anyone

It is so infuriating that our leaders are so stupid!
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

I read that some of the Mexicans who were caught have already voluntarily deported (they were flown to Mexico, instead of facing an immigration judge.) Others, like the ones here, I guess an immigration judge will decide what to do with them.

Ostrich

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast