Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
Also must mention that on my one trip there...it was like a visit to debauchery. Spent hundreds per nite and had a lovely room....great food......to decend to the streets to wade in puke. I wanted to do the typical things.....have my portrait done by a side walk artist.....listen to music.......it wasn't like that. It was nothing but drunken, low brow life and not fun. I did get wasted and got myself some "things" in the shops.....but I wouldn't put it on the top ten places to go. To be perfectly honest.....I wouldn't recommend it to anyone and have no desire to go again. NOTHING was THAT great to warrent what you had to overlook.
I have been there once back in 1997. Me and a bunch of airline buddies went and had a wonderful time. I loved the blues and jazz music, which opened my eyes to other types of music. After 1 hurricane, 2 gin and tonics, 4 beers, and countless 2 shot minimums entering the clubs, the last thing I remember about that night was the 7 of us singing "My Girl" in the middle of Bourbon St which quickly drew a crowd of others who joined in. It would be a damn shame to see illegals ruin the city.