Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Immigrants turn to courts for pay:Suits filed in Nashville

Immigrants turn to courts for pay
    Suits filed in Nashville vs. firms

By Brandon Gee • Gannett Tennessee • January 25, 2011

NASHVILLE — Immigrants — both legal and illegal — say some American employers fail to pay them for their work and then threaten to deport them if they complain.
    But now frustrated immigrants are turning to the federal courts for help.

A review of complaints filed in U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee shows complaints from painters who argue they were denied thousands of dollars in overtime pay to forestry and construction firms that allegedly took advantage of federal guest worker programs to exploit indigent Mexican migrant workers.

“Employers bring (immigration status) up to intimidate people and make them afraid to come forward,â€

Banned
    They should not be working , they should not be here.

Re: Immigrants turn to courts for pay:Suits filed in Nashvil

[quote="OneNationUnderGod"]Immigrants turn to courts for pay
    Suits filed in Nashville vs. firms

By Brandon Gee • Gannett Tennessee • January 25, 2011

NASHVILLE — Immigrants — both legal and illegal — say some American employers fail to pay them for their work and then threaten to deport them if they complain.
    But now frustrated immigrants are turning to the federal courts for help.

A review of complaints filed in U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee shows complaints from painters who argue they were denied thousands of dollars in overtime pay to forestry and construction firms that allegedly took advantage of federal guest worker programs to exploit indigent Mexican migrant workers.

“Employers bring (immigration status) up to intimidate people and make them afraid to come forward,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Illegal invaders should have no access whatsoever to our civil courts! Employers who hire illegal invaders should face long prison sentences and heavy fines.

That should solve the problem of illegal invaders not being paid a fair wage!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When drug dealers are caught, they take their money and property because it is a crime. It is a crime to come to our country illegally so if they are awarded monies in court it should be used to deport them. The employers should also be fined.

[quote]“I’m the only one who makes money for myself,â€

I say it is a good thing they are able to sue these employers. Let em sue and let em keep suing. Let them sue for legal wages and benefits as well.

Think about it, why do these employers want to hire immigrants and illegals in the first place? Because they can pay them less than minimum wage and not bother with giving them benefits of course. So, what good reason would there be for hiring these illegals if they start demanding the same wages and benefits as Americans?

So I say let em put their foot in their mouths and start suing away. I sure do hope that it is widely publicized and that the employers get wind of this too.

"Lopez’s employer has denied the claims and countered with allegations that Lopez and another employee kept supplies belonging to the company and breached their contracts by performing subpar work."

Umm, ok and you are surprised? HELLLLO!!!! YOU HIRED ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!!!!!
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

At 6 million workers, undocumented immigrants represent about 5 percent of the U.S. labor force, according to a 2004 study by the Urban Institute.

The Workers’ Dignity Project claims that in 2010 it helped 22 workers recover more than $14,000 from painting, construction, landscaping and cleaning firms. The victims themselves donated more than $800 to the project’s efforts.
    I sure wish these people would make up their minds. I thought the illegals are working in the fields picking veges and fruits!

So they are working and taking American jobs.............
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

The companies need to immediately be subject to an I9 audit.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

[quote="busygirl"]When drug dealers are caught, they take their money and property because it is a crime. It is a crime to come to our country illegally so if they are awarded monies in court it should be used to deport them. The employers should also be fined.

[quote]“I’m the only one who makes money for myself,â€
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

The law is on their side for collecting and legal immigrants should have rights still. However far as the illegals go I'd say to award them a settlement, have ICE pick them up and and then under The Criminal Proceeds (Recovery) Act 2009 take every dime they from the suit and everything else to fund ICE (its the law after all). Then deport them with a big smile on our faces.