Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Immigrants Wait Day After Day for Licenses in Md.

http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=25&sid=763484#

Immigrants Wait Day After Day for Licenses in Md.
    Apr 21st - 6:51am

GAITHERSBURG, Md. (AP) - Getting a Maryland driver's license is getting tougher for immigrants.

The Motor Vehicle Administration has scrapped its policy of taking appointments for immigrants to get licenses because officials say there was a high no-show rate. Since then overnight lines for immigrant licenses have formed outside the Gaithersburg office, and they're growing longer by the day.

The problem is that more people are getting in line than the MVA can handle in one day. So people are coming back night after night to put their name on a waiting list, then waiting all day for their name to come up. If they don't get in, the whole process is repeated each day, as more people get in line.

Some report waiting as many as 15 nights in line.

MVA Administrator David Hugel says the agency is considering prescreening people to make sure they have the right paperwork, offering the service at more locations and bringing back the appointment system.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is good news. The last time I was at the DVM the Spanish only line was empty, everyone was standing in the English line. A friend of mine who's Spanish is not so good went to the Spanish line and was told to go stand in the English line because this is Spanish only... after he attempted to use his poor Spanish.

Another article noted that 35% of the appointment letters came back as "undeliverable". Then they get mad when asked for "proof of residency"! In Knoxville, TN, there were 78 illegals that applied for a driver's license using the SAME address. The state stopped the practice because of so much corruption and fraud! I guess Maryland is just a glutton for punishment, since DC and Va. have laws that bar illegals from getting a license. Well, I guess you could get one in DC with a fake SSN.