Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Immigration Agents raid Murfreesboro restaurant

Related To Story

Video: Feds Make Immigration Raids In Rutherford County

Immigration Agents Raid Murfreesboro Restaurant
    Feds Also Investigate Home, Smyrna Restaurant
    Reported By Marc Stewart

POSTED: 5:26 pm CDT June 17, 2008
    UPDATED: 5:55 pm CDT June 17, 2008

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. -- Federal immigrations agents investigated two locations in Rutherford County on Tuesday.

Video: Feds Make Immigration Raids In Rutherford County

A raid took place at Chef Wang's restaurant in Murfreesboro and at another location in Smyrna was investigated.

According to employees, at least 12 people were taken away from Chef Wang's restaurant on Broad Street in Murfreesboro.

"Well, at first, it scared us. Because, you know, you see a bunch of cops come in…and then we were all put in one room," said Stacy Cox.

The employees said the agents came into the business at about 11 a.m.

"It was pretty weird. They took all the Hispanics from the back and were, like, frisking them, and they put them all in cuffs, set them down in the dining room and were talking to them in Spanish," said Brigitte Barbeau.

"It was pretty dramatic. These are people that we work with every day. You know, we’re like family here," said Cox.

Federal agents were also seen searching a home on Clark Boulevard in Murfreesboro, but it is not clear if anyone there was taken into custody.

"Pretty different day at work," Barbeau said.

"I'm very angry. I love my job here, and I don’t like it being taken away from me, but apparently there’s deeper issues here," Cox said.

Employees at Famous Chinese restaurant in Smyrna said that establishment was also investigated.

No one from the U.S. attorney’s office or the immigration service would comment on the investigations.

It's not clear who the owner of Chef Wang's is, because workers told Channel 4 that was not the man's real name.

Copyright 2008 by WSMV.com. All rights reserved.
    This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Got a story idea? E-mail newstips to news@wsmv.com or call the newsroom 24/7 at 615-353-2231.

Proverbial `Drop in the bucket`.

http://www.wsmv.com/news/16636212/detail.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm very angry. I love my job here, and I don’t like it being taken away from me, but apparently there’s deeper issues here," Cox said.
    Your right cox! There are "deeper issues here" like obeying the law for starters...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar
    Immigration agents raid 2 Chinese restaurants
    ASSOCIATED PRESS • June 18, 2008

Federal immigration agents raided two Chinese food restaurants owned by a Murfreesboro man and detained a number of people believed to be working illegally.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Lee Deneke said Federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents went to Chef Wang's in Murfreesboro and the Famous Chinese Restaurant in Smyrna on Tuesday.

Both are owned by Stanley Wang, who could not be reached for comment by the Daily News Journal.

Deneke refused to comment on the number of people arrested or any of the details involving the investigation. Federal agents with the Murfreesboro Police Department also conducted an investigation at a Murfreesboro home in connection with the raid.

Both restaurants were closed on Tuesday.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll ... /1001/NEWS
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn