Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration Anarchy by Bill O'Reilly

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=20246

Immigration Anarchy
    by Bill O'Reilly (More by this author)
    Posted: 04/14/2007

My friend Geraldo Rivera and I had quite the verbal shootout the other day over the needless deaths of Allison Kunhardt, 17, and Tessa Tranchant, 16, in Virginia. Twenty-two-year-old Alfredo Ramos, an illegal alien from Mexico, killed the girls when he slammed into their car while drunk.

Ramos had three previous alcohol-related convictions and an identity theft beef as well. Despite all the criminal activity, the feds had no idea Ramos was even in the country because Virginia Beach is a "Sanctuary City" and its police chief, Alfred Jacocks, had ordered his officers not to ask about immigration status when dealing with most criminals.

Judge Colon Whitehurst didn't care that Ramos was illegal, either. He released him with only a $250 fine after Ramos pleaded guilty to a DUI, his fourth conviction. In some cities you pay that much if your car is towed. Oh, yeah, Judge Whitehurst also suspended Ramos' driver's license even though he didn't have one.

The result of this incredibly irresponsible behavior on the part of Judge Whitehurst and the Virginia Beach authorities is that Allison and Tessa are dead.

My argument is that coddling criminal illegal aliens is unconscionable. Geraldo disagreed, saying the story was about drunk driving, not illegal immigration. I parried with a simple question: Is it OK with you that an illegal alien remains in the United States with four criminal convictions?

Geraldo did not answer that question.

There is no question in my mind that we now have anarchy regarding illegal immigration in this country. Our four most populous cities, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and Houston, all have "Sanctuary" policies in place, as do scores of other places. Thus, criminal aliens can avoid detection by Homeland Security in many parts of the nation.

This, of course, is insane. Think about it, the open border and blanket amnesty crowd are actually promoting a society where not only do we have to deal with American criminals; we have to accept the criminal behavior of foreign nationals as well.

A sane immigration policy would deport any illegal immigrant who committed any crime while in the USA. I understand that most undocumented workers are good people, and I believe in a fair guest worker program. I would even allow millions of illegal aliens to stay in this country while authorities investigated their situations. Pathway to citizenship? Sure, if undocumented workers are productive and law abiding, and prove that over a number of years. But there should be zero tolerance for criminal illegal aliens. They have to go.

However, some Americans oppose that. Writing in the Denver Post, TV critic Joanne Ostrow accused me of using the deaths of Allison and Tessa to "spew racist bile."

This is the tactic that has many politicians cowering. If you oppose immigration chaos, you are a racist.

I wonder what the families of the two Denver police officers shot last year by a scofflaw illegal alien think about Ostrow's analysis? One of those policemen, Donald Young, died from his wounds.

Finally, I respect that Geraldo Rivera wants to protect people who are basically defenseless. But anarchy leads to death. The nearly 500 illegal aliens who died trying to cross American deserts last year were not done any favors by the "compassionate" crowd that looks the other way on immigration chaos.

America needs strong leadership to protect Allison, Tessa, the Denver cops, and those poor people dying in the desert. And we are not getting it.

Pathway to citizenship? Sure, if undocumented workers are productive and law abiding, and prove that over a number of years.
    Here's where Bill & I part ways. All illegal aliens have broken multiple laws and continue to do so as long as they're allowed to stay.

Guest worker program.........as soon as the borders are secured and not one moment before. But those who have already showed contempt for US laws by being here illegally should NOT be considered.

There are millions of people in line legally awaiting their turn for the American Dream. Don't reward the lawbreakers.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi had_enuf

I agree as well. No guestworker program. We already have visa programs. We have millions waiting in line the right way. Enough of immigration anarchy.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

100% of illegals in this country are criminals.
    Send them all home. Don't tell me that you can't.
    Then, secure the borders. Rework our immigration policy or at the very least enforce the one we now have on the books. And THEN talk to me about letting more people in.

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    Hi had_enuf

I agree as well. No guestworker program. We already have visa programs. We have millions waiting in line the right way. Enough of immigration anarchy.
    Good morning, CCUSA.

April
    ProudAmericanFamily wrote:

100% of illegals in this country are criminals.
    Send them all home. Don't tell me that you can't.
    Then, secure the borders. Rework our immigration policy or at the very least enforce the one we now have on the books. And THEN talk to me about letting more people in.
    Very true!
    Enough is enough, listen to the People you greedy politicians!

Finally, I respect that Geraldo Rivera wants to protect people who are basically defenseless.
    Illegal migrants are anything but defenseless, ACLU, La Raza, MALDEF, PRDF and many many other organizations have corrupted our judicial systems, corrupted our lawmakers and have the support of major media.

All have placed America LAST.

Defenceless?! Defenceless!?

How many defencless Americans have been depraved of work, along with Life, Liberty, and Property because of these "defenceless" people?

Are those enough icons to show that a gasket just blew?