Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    I dont believe a word Rahm Emanuel or other thugs connected to our White House have to say. They have something up their sleeves.
    They want us to turn our attention away so they can slip one by us. Wont happen though because too many americans know what has to be done. Illegal immigration has got to stop. So if they think they can pacify us they are wrong.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    It doesn't matter if they bring up amnesty or not. This administration is going around all that. According to what came out of the amnesty meeting today, Obama is going to speed up processing appllications. This administration has been giving out amnesty all along, and now they are going to speed that up. The reports I have read says that the FBI has caught up in background checks. Well, that's kind of funny seeing all the reports previously said it would take years to get caught up. So, more criminals have been allowed to stay here, that's the bottom line. This administration is working behind everybody's back and slipping amnesty to the illegals anyway. As for the quota that this country has on how many can come in, you can forget that. Just think about this. Obama has stopped all enforcement of our immigration laws, and he's allowing Congress to even keep from making E-Verify law. Put all of this together, and what do you have? Defacto amnesty.
    I have to agree, for example last year there were 100,000 "political asylum" immigrants (like Obama's aunt), I bet there will be 2 or 3 times as many this year especially with no background checks. There is no cap on their number or their country of origin. I bet this is the "legal status" comment referred to in the meeting, these applicants are mainly illegal aliens seeking a way to stay in the US.

I wonder if we should shift our efforts from stopping amnesty in Congress to stopping an expanding Executive branch amnesty?
    I don't trust any of them either when it comes to this issue, odds are they are doing some fancy moves behind the scenes.

Does anyone know if any of this info about applications for citizenship is public information? Not necessarily individual names, but info about the number of applications per year, any increases this year over last, most common country of origin, country currently residing in, etc? Is there any way for us or maybe a journalist/reporter/commentator such as Lou Dobbs to find out this kind of info? It seems the public should have some right to know about such info.

If they have recently changed the application procedures, shouldn't that info be available somewhere?

Ex: Tinybobidaho - Do you remember where you read that the FBI has caught up on background checks? I'm just wondering how one finds this kind of info if looking for it.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    It doesn't matter if they bring up amnesty or not. This administration is going around all that. According to what came out of the amnesty meeting today, Obama is going to speed up processing appllications. This administration has been giving out amnesty all along, and now they are going to speed that up. The reports I have read says that the FBI has caught up in background checks. Well, that's kind of funny seeing all the reports previously said it would take years to get caught up. So, more criminals have been allowed to stay here, that's the bottom line. This administration is working behind everybody's back and slipping amnesty to the illegals anyway. As for the quota that this country has on how many can come in, you can forget that. Just think about this. Obama has stopped all enforcement of our immigration laws, and he's allowing Congress to even keep from making E-Verify law. Put all of this together, and what do you have? Defacto amnesty.
    I have to agree, for example last year there were 100,000 "political asylum" immigrants (like Obama's aunt), I bet there will be 2 or 3 times as many this year especially with no background checks. There is no cap on their number or their country of origin. I bet this is the "legal status" comment referred to in the meeting, these applicants are mainly illegal aliens seeking a way to stay in the US.

I wonder if we should shift our efforts from stopping amnesty in Congress to stopping an expanding Executive branch amnesty?
    I don't trust any of them either when it comes to this issue, odds are they are doing some fancy moves behind the scenes.

Does anyone know if any of this info about applications for citizenship is public information? Not necessarily individual names, but info about the number of applications per year, any increases this year over last, most common country of origin, country currently residing in, etc? Is there any way for us or maybe a journalist/reporter/commentator such as Lou Dobbs to find out this kind of info? It seems the public should have some right to know about such info.

If they have recently changed the application procedures, shouldn't that info be available somewhere?

Ex: Tinybobidaho - Do you remember where you read that the FBI has caught up on background checks? I'm just wondering how one finds this kind of info if looking for it.
    Here's where I got this info:

USCIS and FBI have been working together in the past year to reduce the backlog of immigration-related FBI name checks. In an announcement released today, USCIS claimed the achievement of a major milestone: the backlog of FBI name checks pending six months or more has been eliminated.

It is indeed good news.

Along with the good news, however, USCIS also revised its policy since February 4, 2008, which allowed approval of I-485 cases without FBI name check clearance, as long as the cases are otherwise approvable and name check requests have been pending for 180 days.

The new policy, revealed in a memo from Donald Neufeld, Acting Associate Director of USCIS, now requires that adjudicators must contact USCIS Headquarters before approving I-485, I-601, I-687, or I-698 cases if FBI name check results have not been received. The Headquarters will then contact FBI to determine the reason for the delay, and provide guidance to field adjudicators on a case by case basis. This policy took effect on February 9, 2009.

So theoretically an I-485 case may still be approved prior to the clearance of long-pending FBI name check, but it now requires USCIS Headquarter authorization.

The reason for this policy change is that the FBI is now processing USCIS name check requests on average within 90 days. Very few take more than 180 days, according to the memo. So if a case is stuck in FBI name check for six months or more, USCIS wants to find out why before approving it. It is reasonable.

Note that FBI fingerprint check and IBIS name check still must be cleared before a case can be approved. They are different from FBI name checks, which often confuse a lot of people, including immigration attorneys.

A little background information:

Shortly after 9/11/2001, all applicants and beneficiaries must go through extensive background checks before receiving immigration benefits. One of the security checks is called FBI Name Check, which, for a variety of reasons, quickly became a bottleneck in the already heavily backlogged immigration pipeline.

How bad was the situation? As of May 2007, there were 329,160 cases pending the outcome of FBI name checks. Among them, 106,000 had been waiting for more than one year. In fact there were even cases pending for more than five years! Keep in mind that this was in addition to all the “regularâ€
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    We can't get complacent. Please keep calling. The amnesty-interests are spending millions to try to ram amnesty down our throats.
    Absolutely..we must work harder and smarter. Make your voice heard on all the issues..it's now or never.

Thanks Tinybobidaho - Looks like that one is an immigrant advocacy website. That type might actually be a good source, that is, groups that help illegal aliens try to get legal status. They will be writing in plain language the steps one needs to take to apply for legal status. They also will likely be encouraging to aliens, so easier to infer how easy it really is, or any changes that are to their advantage.

I often think I want to keep better tabs on the enemy like LaRaza and their website, but I can't bring myself to check out their website because I know I will just get as mad as he!!
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

ITS NOT GOING TO BE ENOUGH IN 2010 JUST LIKE ITS NOT GOING TO WASH IN 09. ALL OF THESE BLEEDING HEARTS FOR AMNESTY MIGHT AS WELL PACK UP NOW BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT HAVE THEIR JOBS COME 2010. AND AS FOR OBAMA,I THINK HE KNOWS WHICH SIDE HIS BREAD IS BUTTERED ON. THERE ARE A LOT OF AMERICANS WITHOUT JOBS AND THE FOLKS IN WASHINGTON HAVE SOME NERVE LOOKING OUT FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO LEGAL RIGHT TO BE IN THE COUNTRY.AND JOHN McCAIN TALKS OUT OF BOTH SIDES OF HIS MOUTH. HE HAD SAID THAT HE WAS NOT GOING TO BRING THE REPUBLICANS AROUND ON THIS ISSUE BECAUSE OF NOT DOING WELL WITH THE HISPANIC VOTE. NO AMNESTY AND NO AMNESTY EVER

Northern California (moved back to fight for our land and freedom)
    DHS and FBI have websites. You can send emails directly to them. The good thing about emails is they are dated and timed for any future needs. They can't claim they don't know.

I think one of the reasons Arizona is getting better at cracking down is people have begun to call in to Sheriff Joe and complain. He has an 800 number for reporting safe houses and crimes committed by illegals. The pro-amnesty crowd has tried to shut that down too.

We still have the law and the majority on our side. I think we have caught this in time but WE ALL NEED TO GET INVOLVED. It's so easy to send faxes, emails, call. numbersusa.com is a piece of cake to use. I've emailed DHS, it's easy. I've gotten on the White House site and emailed from there.

Let's Do It!

laughinglynx wrote:
    DHS and FBI have websites. You can send emails directly to them. The good thing about emails is they are dated and timed for any future needs. They can't claim they don't know.
    Good idea. Send them e-mails with any questions about background checks, etc. Let them know we are watching their actions and have questions.

Of course, you might end up with your "Terrorist" file red-flagged. Guess what? I don't care!! They can put me on any list they want, make a file, and investigate me if they want. They aren't going to find anything, except that I want our borders secure and the illegal invasion to stop!!

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Emanuel said the president would use the meeting to discuss some administrative steps that have been taken to give immigrants a clearer picture of their legal status. Through improved record-keeping, people will be able to go online to quickly learn where their applications stand, he said.
    What does this have to do with illegal aliens? With a couple exceptions, people who are here illegally can't apply for citizenship. It there another Obama administration E.O. in the making that will further circumvent the proper application process?

tinybobidaho wrote:

[quote:44iv2xtk]It doesn't matter if they bring up amnesty or not. This administration is going around all that. According to what came out of the amnesty meeting today, Obama is going to speed up processing appllications. This administration has been giving out amnesty all along, and now they are going to speed that up. The reports I have read says that the FBI has caught up in background checks. Well, that's kind of funny seeing all the reports previously said it would take years to get caught up. So, more criminals have been allowed to stay here, that's the bottom line. This administration is working behind everybody's back and slipping amnesty to the illegals anyway. As for the quota that this country has on how many can come in, you can forget that. Just think about this. Obama has stopped all enforcement of our immigration laws, and he's allowing Congress to even keep from making E-Verify law. Put all of this together, and what do you have? Defacto amnesty.
    Unfortunately, I think you're on to something, tinybobidaho. [/quote:44iv2xtk]

You know what has occurred to me: Maybe the process the Obama admin and the other enablers are trying to speed up is the legalization process for the relatives of the anchor babies who have turned 18, (or 21?). Since the anchor babies are US citizens, they can apply for legal status for their illegal parents, siblings, spouses, and children when they become adults. And I'm sure the enabling government allows this process to go through regardless of the legal status of the relatives being applied for.

We all know how many anchor babies there are. If they can get all the relatives of all the adult anchor babies processed quickly, this would likely mean several million. It would only take one of the children in a family reaching adult age. I don't think the relatives immediately become citizens, but maybe they are changing those rules too as we speak. If they can speed up the citizenship process for them, think how many more voters Obama et al would have for 2010 or 2012.

They know there is talk about wanting to change or clarify the anchor baby 14th Amendment, and the chain migration policies. I forced myself to watch a bit of LaRaza's show on PBS last week. (I sacrificed some moments of sanity for the cause.) The guest was an Hispanic coach from North Carolina who coaches an Hispanic baseball team (of course), I think he might also be a teacher and definitely an ethnocentric advocate. He mentioned knowing about talk of wanting to change the 14th amendment.

Meanwhile, they can pander to the American people by talking about "tougher enforcement", knowing they are getting millions legalized behind the scenes as quickly as possible.

[quote]Here's where I got this info:

USCIS and FBI have been working together in the past year to reduce the backlog of immigration-related FBI name checks. In an announcement released today, USCIS claimed the achievement of a major milestone: the backlog of FBI name checks pending six months or more has been eliminated.

It is indeed good news.

Along with the good news, however, USCIS also revised its policy since February 4, 2008, which allowed approval of I-485 cases without FBI name check clearance, as long as the cases are otherwise approvable and name check requests have been pending for 180 days.

The new policy, revealed in a memo from Donald Neufeld, Acting Associate Director of USCIS, now requires that adjudicators must contact USCIS Headquarters before approving I-485, I-601, I-687, or I-698 cases if FBI name check results have not been received. The Headquarters will then contact FBI to determine the reason for the delay, and provide guidance to field adjudicators on a case by case basis. This policy took effect on February 9, 2009.

So theoretically an I-485 case may still be approved prior to the clearance of long-pending FBI name check, but it now requires USCIS Headquarter authorization.

The reason for this policy change is that the FBI is now processing USCIS name check requests on average within 90 days. Very few take more than 180 days, according to the memo. So if a case is stuck in FBI name check for six months or more, USCIS wants to find out why before approving it. It is reasonable.

Note that FBI fingerprint check and IBIS name check still must be cleared before a case can be approved. They are different from FBI name checks, which often confuse a lot of people, including immigration attorneys.

A little background information:

Shortly after 9/11/2001, all applicants and beneficiaries must go through extensive background checks before receiving immigration benefits. One of the security checks is called FBI Name Check, which, for a variety of reasons, quickly became a bottleneck in the already heavily backlogged immigration pipeline.

How bad was the situation? As of May 2007, there were 329,160 cases pending the outcome of FBI name checks. Among them, 106,000 had been waiting for more than one year. In fact there were even cases pending for more than five years! Keep in mind that this was in addition to all the “regularâ€
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12