Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Immigration Billboards Going Up In North Texas

http://cbs11tv.com/local/local_story_129221710.html

May 9, 2006 9:16 pm US/Central

Immigration Billboards Going Up In North Texas

Stephanie Lucero
    Reporting

(CBS 11 News) DALLAS Conservatives are firing back at those who support amnesty and a guest worker program for illegal immigrants. Their latest weapon is a billboard located on Stemmons Freeway in Dallas.

If you work near downtown Dallas it'll be hard to miss one billboard during your commute.

Dallas is the first city to get one, but there are plans to put these signs up from California to Florida.

"Stop the Invasion" is a reference to the massive influx of immigrants who enter the United States illegally.

“We must stop the invasion. We cannot have amnesty because amnesty is in essence a surrender to the invasion,” said Steve Elliott, grassfire.org.

Grassfire.org is a national online organization based in Virginia.

Colby and Jenny Bauer live in Carrollton. They support the campaign, in part because Jenny is a legal resident of the U.S.; she is an immigrant from China.

“And I'm living a good life in America. This is a beautiful country and I'm just thinking everybody should come here legally.”

Her husband Colby says, “A lot of people would see it as an invasion of immigrants, but it's not. It's an invasion of illegal immigrants. I don't care how many people come to this country as long as they do it legally.”

Grassfire.org is lobbying congress. Organizers do not want any form of amnesty in the current debate. They say that's a discussion that should take place years from now… after the border is shored up.

Organizers say eventually the billboards will include the names of their opponents in the senate; those who support giving legal status to illegal aliens.

The Bauers say they've watched the recent rallies organized by Hispanic groups and they're awed by the numbers of people who came out to march.

“Very impressive and I know there's a great majority of people who are on the other side of the issue and for the life of me I can't fathom why there's not a march for that cause as well,” Colby said.

The League of United Latin American Citizens has been vocal about its opposition to an expansive wall separating the U.S. from Mexico.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Good! We need to put them all over the United States.

Yeah, I was thinking that this morning when I woke up. I doubt the problem would be this bad if more was being said about it in the news, not just in the papers and internet.

A reliable source e-mailed me today that the billboard in Dallas is located at I-35 (Stemmons Fwy) at Inwood Road. Billboard faces north for southbound traffic.

This is a few exits up from downtown. Lots of traffic.