Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration Crackdown in Our Backyard

From Texas to Virginia, the Federal Government Is Cracking Down on Immigrants
    Oct. 5, 2007 —

The issue of immigration has moved from a war of words in Washington to an explosive, countrywide battle as average citizens fight to enforce laws with an iron fist.

It's a crackdown on illegal immigration.

In Irving,Texas, for example, the immigration debate is blasting onto the streets. "Obey the laws of this country," protesters shout. "We are Americans!"

Residents are suddenly finding that their neighborhoods are a battleground.

"That is a bunch of bull over there that we even allow them to march on our land when they are here illegally," said Dorothy Shields, an Irving resident and anti-immigration activist.

"It's political dynamite  people are saying we've had enough, we just can't take it anymore and if the federal government doesn't get serious about it we're going to do the jobs ourselves," Dan Stein said.

But lately, the government has been trying to prove it can get serious, by putting immigration enforcement into overdrive.

In a staggering sweep in California, 1,300 illegal immigrants have been arrested. Last week, federal agents in Nevada raided 11 McDonald's restaurants as part of a crackdown on illegal immigrants. In New York's Nassau County, armed Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials raided homes in the middle of the night in search of gang members and fugitives.

Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff admits that raids aren't the perfect solution, but that they are a reality right now.

"I think we have an obligation to use the tools that we do have at least to achieve what the law currently requires," Chertoff said.

But in Irving, like many places around the country, residents aren't willing to wait for government intervention. Police are turning over any arrested illegals to the feds.

Latino parents have grown so nervous, they are keeping their kids out of schools.

"We are just scared of going out, just because you look Hispanic they pull you over," Irving student Crystal Chacon said.

One man from Virginia said he was so frightened about being rounded up in Virginia, where governments are threatening action, that he would only talk to ABC News anonymously.

"What breaks my heart," he said, "is when my 6-year-old daughter comes home and asks why do they hate us."

Watch "Good Morning America," Monday, when Diane Sawyer will be live in Mexico with more on the immigration debate.
    http://www.abcnews.go.com:80/GMA/story? ... 351&page=1
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Watch "Good Morning America," Monday, when Diane Sawyer will be live in Mexico with more on the immigration debate.
    Diane Sawyer...One big mouth piece for the CFR
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

In a staggering sweep in California, 1,300 illegal immigrants have been arrested.
    "STAGGERING"??!! What a bunch of BS, pure propaganda. There was NOTHING staggering about this show raid, as 800 of the 1300 were already in jail and 595,000 of these dangerous illegal alien "immigration fugitives" remain on the loose! These misleading, biased MSM articles are infuriating.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Residents are suddenly finding that their neighborhoods are a battleground.
    Another ridiculous sentence in this article.

"What breaks my heart," he said, "is when my 6-year-old daughter comes home and asks why do they hate us."
    We don't hate anyone we just have no respect for anyone that has NO respect for our law!
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

"I think we have an obligation to use the tools that we do have at least to achieve what the law currently requires," Chertoff said.
    Long long overdue! Keep working Chertoff!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"That is a bunch of bull over there that we even allow them to march on our land when they are here illegally," said Dorothy Shields, an Irving resident and anti-immigration activist.
    As soon as they say anti-immigration activist, you know the reporter is biased. We are anti-illegal immigration activists. These reporters just dont get it.
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

What breaks my heart," he said, "is when my 6-year-old daughter comes home and asks why do they hate us."
    Sit down, look your child in the eyes and say" We broke the law, we came here illegaly, they don't hate us, we don't have the right to live here by jumping the border."

We are in fact the most generous nation in the world. If our adminstration and elected politicans both dems and rep get through we won't be a generous nation any longer. We will be anoter 3rd world nation.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Re: Immigration Crackdown in Our Backyard

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    From Texas to Virginia, the Federal Government Is Cracking Down on Immigrants
    Oct. 5, 2007 —

The issue of immigration has moved from a war of words in Washington to an explosive, countrywide battle as average citizens fight to enforce laws with an iron fist.
    It's a crackdown on illegal immigration.

"It's political dynamite  people are saying we've had enough, we just can't take it anymore and if the federal government doesn't get serious about it we're going to do the jobs ourselves," Dan Stein said.

Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff admits that raids aren't the perfect solution, but that they are a reality right now.

But in Irving, like many places around the country, residents aren't willing to wait for government intervention. Police are turning over any arrested illegals to the feds.

Latino parents have grown so nervous, they are keeping their kids out of schools.

http://www.abcnews.go.com:80/GMA/story? ... 351&page=1

Homeland Security and ICE is all we have right now and they are getting the message across and slowly getting the jobs done. Every raid and arrest counts toward deportations.
    Illegals are running scared and that good news.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast