Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Puente's case highlights two controversial issues: Should illegal immigrants receive liver transplants in the U.S. and should taxpayers pick up the cost?
    NO!

I'm an organ donor and proud to help out any American faced with this situation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    I'd like to know why the illegal aliens got the transplants, while the US citizen is placed on a waitlist?!?!?!
    Good point! This illegal has managed to get four liver transplants while many others die while waiting for a liver. How has she managed to get to the front of the line four times?

I realize there may be compatibility issues, but this seems odd she has managed to get four in such a short period of time.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Have we even asked Mexico (or her home country) to pay for this??

But Dr. Michael Shapiro, vice chairman of the ethics committee for the organ network, said illegal immigrants have just as much right to organ transplants as U.S. citizens
    Well, of course they do, in their OWN countries..

Puente's case highlights two controversial issues: Should illegal immigrants receive liver transplants in the U.S. and should taxpayers pick up the cost?
    ABSOLUTELY NOT!

"People are people, and when you make an incision in an organ donor, you don't find little American flags planted on their organs," Shapiro said.
    Thats a ridiculous statement. Was that supposed to be a joke? Remind me to never make an appointment with Dr. Shapiro.

Americans should have first priority to receive the organs donated by other Americans before illegal aliens and foreigners do.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is the attitude I hate:

"It doesn't matter if I'm undocumented," she said. "They should take care of me at UCLA for the rest of my life because I've been there since I was a baby."

Unbelievable entitlement attitude. Astonishing! We had a friend who needed a kidney transplant. He got it at the last moment. It is beginning to fail now, will they put him before someone like this who has broken our laws? He has lived and served his country for many years as a legal US citizen. Outrageous.

This is a type of article that Senator Jeff Sessions needs. Doesn't Supervisor Antonovich put the costs in articles every month so that the taxpayers there can see them. Bless his honest heart.

Well, you don't want to live in SF or LA that is for sure.

Does anyone recall recently the report about the 17-year old girl who needed a liver transplant in CA? Her insurance company (CIGNA) refused to pay for it, she died and a few hours later CIGNA reversed their decision about paying. Why was this young girl allowed to die because her insurance company refused to pay, yet illegals get their transplants free?

http://allnurses.com/forums/f100/17-yea ... 922-2.html

I'm angry that they even taunt hope for people who will never be able to afford it.

They call it the PRACTICE of medicine because there are NO GUARENTEES. Heck....George Harrison had all the money in the world and went to the best places.....he died.

I think it's wrong and un-ethical to instill false hope or insure guarentees to anyone....they should be outlawed from advertising on TV or making a big too -do about one successful thing that we ALL don't have access too.

They suck more money out of us for false claims than ever before.

Guess it's coz I'm getting old that I find this really awful. Almost a terrioristic threat on health.....but no guarentee when you discover they LIED!!!!!!!!

In one generation we had the 6 million dollar man....in the next we have the "jiffy-lube DR"!!!!!!!

We can replace Luke Skywalkers arm but we can't do wrinkles safely on Prestlys face.

We can safely split simese twins but can't amputate a right leg.

I think it's cruel to hang out a false hope for anyone. Miricles happen....but it's only for a few. Don't make the rare seem available to everyone when only a few are chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    This is the attitude I hate:

"It doesn't matter if I'm undocumented," she said. "They should take care of me at UCLA for the rest of my life because I've been there since I was a baby."

Unbelievable entitlement attitude. Astonishing!

I KNOW! It IS astonishing!

All illegal immigrants feel they have undeniable rights to stay here because they have been here for a long time. It makes me sick!

DEPORT THE ARROGANT SQUATTERS - THEY ARE NOTHING BUT ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT INGRATES.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"People are people, and when you make an incision in an organ donor, you don't find little American flags planted on their organs," Shapiro said.
    Does anyone reading this believe for one minute if Shapro's child needed a transplant he would be saying "Oh give the IA's the liver because it is the humane thing to do" ? I'll just watch my child die while people from other countries come here and get their lives saved ?

This is an Elitis statement meant to belittle and demean the average American yet you can bet your last dollar neither Mr. Shapiro,Obama,Clinton etc. would lose a child so an IA could live.

I don't like the idea of anyone dying because they need a transplant but they need to go home to their countries and demand care NOT here.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Small civil-minded reminder to all here - if you can agree to it, please consider 'Organ Donor' change to your driver license. You might be saving someone else's life.
    I've always been an organ donor. I wonder if we can specify that our organ go to an American only?
    I might call about it. My girlfriend worked for organ donation...
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast