Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration detainee dies after going into cardiac arrest

Published: Feb. 1, 2011
    Updated: 5:41 p.m.

Immigration detainee dies after going into cardiac arrest

By SEAN EMERY
    THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

ORANGE – A 55-year-old Honduran man died after going into cardiac arrest while in U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody, authorities announced Tuesday.

Jose Aguilar-Espinoza went into cardiac arrest at Theo Lacy Jail on Monday and was taken to the emergency room at UCI Medical Center in Orange about 11:15 a.m., where he was pronounced dead a short time later, ICE officials said.

Aguilar-Espinoza, who ICE officials described as a Honduran national, was arrested Jan. 12.

ICE officials have not specified charges on which Aguilar-Espinoza had been arrested. He was being held at Theo Lacy pending deportation, authorities said.

An autopsy will be conducted to determine Aguilar-Espinoza's cause of death. ICE officials have notified the Honduran consulate and his next of kin, authorities said.

Aguilar-Espinoza is the fifth detainee nationwide to pass away in ICE custody since Oct. 1, officials said.

Contact the writer: 714-796-7939 or semery@ocregister.com

http://www.ocregister.com/news/ice-2866 ... uilar.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I remember when I was around 19 I went into a local grocery store with my girlfriend. There was a lot of commotion going on inside and I noticed that someone's half-filled shopping cart had been left behind. I asked what happened and it seemed that an elderly woman had just up and died right there while shopping. Could the grocery store then be sued for her death? This article seems to suggest that ICE is going to be on the ropes since this man died while in their custody. What a bunch of hooey!

I feel sorry about any person death but, must add when immigrants enters the U.S. many are suffering with different illnesses and diseases. So, the detainee may have been ill when he arrived to America or became ill while on his long journey to this Country.
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

The headline could just as accurately of read "Immigrant dies in the US". Thus of course it somehow must be the US's fault and not maybe just natural or because of bad habits of said immigrant.

What a load of crock, since an illegal is detained that is what caused him to do? Yah right.