Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration dominates GOP issues in S.C.

Posted on Mon, Jan. 07, 2008
    Immigration dominates GOP issues in S.C.
    As Jan. 19 primary nears, candidates putting focus on controversial topic
    By NOELLE PHILLIPS - nophillips@thestate.com

THE CANDIDATES ON IMMIGRATION

Immigration key issue in '08
    Expect the rhetoric over illegal immigration to heat up as the Jan. 19 S.C. GOP primary draws near with candidates reacting to voter concerns about the state’s fast-growing Hispanic population.

Polls have shown immigration is more important to Republican voters in South Carolina than it is to Democrats. In fact, S.C. GOP backers have made immigration their top issue in choosing a president.

“This is the new Confederate flag issue in South Carolina on the Republican side,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

xyz
    This is starting to seriously annoy me..
    "South Carolina has one of the country’s fastest-growing Hispanic populations"
    South Carolina has one of the fastest growing "illegal immigrant" populations...but this is debatable..There are many illegals in the State of Washington and around the Boston area and many are not Hispanic..
    Since when has "hispanic" become synonymous with ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION..
    This is a blatant attempt to make this a racial or ethnic issue..which it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz
    This is starting to seriously annoy me..
    "South Carolina has one of the country’s fastest-growing Hispanic populations"
    South Carolina has one of the fastest growing "illegal immigrant" populations...but this is debatable..There are many illegals in the State of Washington and around the Boston area and many are not Hispanic..
    Since when has "hispanic" become synonymous with ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION..
    This is a blatant attempt to make this a racial or ethnic issue..which it isn't.
    Hey xyz, The reporter that wrote this article, Noelle Phillips is the same one that interviewed me for my story. I didn't want to do it but my lawyer said to do my best. When Ms. Phillips walked out my front door I told my wife that she was going to do a hit piece on me. And she did. Her conclusion along with the homeowner and his wife was that I was a racist and a bigot. She didn't bother to do any kind of background checks on the homeowner, builder and roofer I accused of employing illegal aliens. She just said that they declined to be interviewed.
    Two weeks after that article came out She showed up at one of my numerous court appearances and asked me what did I think of her article on me? I told her that I emailed her editor and told him that the only use I would have for his newspaper anymore was in my bathroom when I ran out of toilet paper. I made her mad with that but the photographer with her laughed.
    If you google her name you can read a few more stories that glorify illegal aliens. And one last thing, unofficially, in SC, the illegal alien population is close to half a million. There are about 30,000 illegal alien kids in our schools here. And this bill is endorsed by the SC Chamber of Commerce so that should tell you that it isn't going to amount to a hill of beans getting rid of the illegal aliens.

xyz
    Yes..it is a smear piece..but Email the Editor of any paper who lets this kind of blatant remark get by..
    The problem is Illegal Aliens or illegal Foriegn Nationals..not hispanics or irish or rumanians or asians..or "immigrants"
    Email the Editors and complain

[quote]“This is the new Confederate flag issue in South Carolina on the Republican side,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)