Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration exhibit rolling through region

http://www.fergusfallsjournal.com/artic ... news04.txt

Fergus Falls, Minnesota
    Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Immigration exhibit rolling through region

By Sarah Horner

Witness the changing face of Minnesota in motion when a 36-foot truck plastered with pictures of immigrants drives through Fergus Falls Thursday.

Minnesota Family Project, the foundation behind the wheel, is hitting the road to document immigrants new and old throughout greater Minnesota.

"The broad focus is for us to realize that we are all immigrants," project coordinator Rachel Satterlee said. "If we recognize where we came from, we can start conversations."

The woman behind the plan and with the camera is Quito Ziegler, a photographer who graduated from Macalester College in the Twin Cities.

Ziegler covered the outside of the van with photographs of families from across Minnesota, including Faribault, Rochester, Crystal and St. Paul, hailing from as far as Somalia, Guatemala and Kenya.

Satterlee said the photographs offer a glimpse of what Minnesota today really looks like.

Next to the van will be an interactive studio, she said, explaining that interested immigrants can visit the site and have their photo taken.

Satterlee said a brief story of the subject will also be recorded, including name, origin and current residence, and then both will be hung on the inside of the van. The subject can take three copies of the photograph with them.

Minnesota Family Project will be at the West Otter Tail County Fair Thursday and Friday from noon to 9 p.m. The group may also visit Pelican Rapids Thursday.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Re: Immigration exhibit rolling through region

Satterlee said a brief story of the subject will also be recorded, including name, origin and current residence, and then both will be hung on the inside of the van. The subject can take three copies of the photograph with them.
    Free pictures!! What a deal!!!

I wonder if ICE has thought of this??

Ahhh...the perfect trojan horse! Pack that van with ICE agents before you leave lady.

"The broad focus is for us to realize that we are all immigrants," project coordinator Rachel Satterlee said. "If we recognize where we came from, we can start conversations."

I am not an immigrant. I was born here...
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)