Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Immigration Expert: Illegal Immigrants Can Pay for Wall

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration Expert: Illegal Immigrants Can Pay for Wall

by JOHN BINDER
    31 Jan 2017
    Washington, D.C.

A plan to have Mexico pay for the not-yet-built border wall has been floated around President Donald Trump’s administration for weeks now.

Trump announced that he may impose a 20 percent tax on all products from Mexico to quickly pay for the wall, without American taxpayers being directly hit with the expected $10 to $14 billion cost.

David North, an immigration expert with the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) says he has a solution that would entail illegal immigrants living in the U.S. actually footing the bill. Under North’s proposal, he argues that by shuttering programs which federally fund illegal immigrants, nearly $1 to $3 billion could be shored annually, paying for the wall in potentially less than a decade.

“Put a 2 percent fee on all outgoing remittances,” North writes. “The rate is low enough to discourage alternative ways of sending money to the homelands, and the paper created will give IRS good leads for collecting unpaid income taxes.”

North also cites terminating the ruling which allows families with illegal immigrant family members obtain food-stamps, getting rid of the Additional Child Tax Credit for children who do not have Social Security numbers, mostly because their parents are illegal immigrants, and charge individuals a going-rate to enter the U.S. from Mexico.

North writes that a small 25 cents fee imposed on individuals entering the country from Mexico, and an additional $1 for a vehicle and $5 for a bus, could create revenue to pay for the southern border wall.

“None of these proposals would depress the Mexican economy, all would help fund the wall, and most would have absolutely no impact on the vast majority of American taxpayers, and all (but the crossing fees) would encourage illegal aliens to return home,” North writes.

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/...-can-pay-wall/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I agree...let the illegals pay for the Wall. Why should US taxpayers if there is another avenue to fund this?

They come, they drain our economy and resources...let them pay up!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

MW
    North writes that a small 25 cents fee imposed on individuals entering the country from Mexico, and an additional $1 for a vehicle and $5 for a bus, could create revenue to pay for the southern border wall.
    Those amounts sound mighty low to me. If it was up to me, I'd charge $1.00 for entry, $10.00 per car, and $25.00 per bus/tractor-trailer. Of course nobody is going to take my advice on this.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Those amounts sound mighty low to me. If it was up to me, I'd charge $1.00 for entry, $10.00 per car, and $25.00 per bus/tractor-trailer. Of course nobody is going to take my advice on this.

It cost more to park a car in a hotel parking garage for 1 day.

A 2% fee on remittances is way to low considering the fact that Mexico received $27 billion in remittances in 2016 alone.

I do a lot of wire transfers in my business and I am charged $35.00 each regardless if domestic or international.

The whole idea is to make life difficult for illegal aliens, not easy.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn