Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration To Further Complicate Health Fix; Questions Like

Immigration To Further Complicate Health Fix;
    Questions Likely Over Coverage of Workers

Roll Call
    June 11, 2009 Thursday
    Jennifer Bendery, Roll Call Staff

House Democrats leading the charge on health care reform will soon have another major hurdle to overcome beyond public options and employer mandates: immigration reform.

The issue of undocumented workers receiving health care benefits is one that remains largely untouched amid talks on a health care overhaul, but one that is likely to soon bubble up.

“We’re going to confront immigration issues in the health care measure,â€

ELE

Simple Solutions!

The way to fix the exorbitance health care cost and the illegals problem, can be accomplished in one solution. The illegals have to pay for their own health care at the time services are rendered, or they don't get health care. And/or just don't give them health care and then they will have more of an incentive to get out of OUR country!

I sure as heck don't want to have to pay for Universal Health care for everyone on our country, legally or illegally. In fact, I don't want to pay for health care for anyone else. Universal Health care is a bigger mess than anything we have now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE wrote: "I sure as heck don't want to have to pay for Universal Health care for everyone on our country, legally or illegally."

Well, darn, ELE, I thought you were independently wealthy like the government thinks the rest of us are and would be more than happy to pay for health care for EVERYONE!!!

Re: Simple Solutions!

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    The way to fix the exorbitance health care cost and the illegals problem, can be accomplished in one solution. The illegals have to pay for their own health care at the time services are rendered, or they don't get health care.
    I believe that is how Mexico does it for non-citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    And/or just don't give them health care and then they will have more of an incentive to get out of OUR country!
    BINGO!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, we're already providing free health care for illegals. They use the ER as their personal physicians and then don't pay.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

I am old enough to remember when the NHS in the UK actually worked. Until, among other things, we joined the EU. People came from far & wide for our 'free' health care - well, free for them but not for the rest of us who were paying (when I left) 9% of our salaries for it.

I honestly don't think any kind of universal health care woud work here in the US simply because of the sheer numbers involved.

scottiemum: WELCOME, and thank you for your input. It is truly appreciated.

I say, "NO" to undocumented children getting FREE MEDICAL

On the Washington Journal the other day someone said they are going to give undocumented kids free medical.

Is this not our answer?

Every US Citizen needs to be calling and commenting to Congress.

How are we going to afford it? And this lessens the coverage and raises the cost for ALL US CITIZENS.

When an illegal is in the ER, ICE needs to get to the hospital, and the immigrants should be deported. Every agency that gets taxpayer money or anyone that gets tax credits or deductions of any kind must be required to report every immigrant: legal or illegal.