Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration measures on Texas Republicans’ primary ballot

Immigration measures on Texas Republicans’ primary ballot
    Ed Housewright

Republican voters statewide can sound off on illegal immigration in the March 4 primary election.

Besides choosing state and local candidates, voters will cast ballots on three nonbinding resolutions. Early voting begins Tuesday.

The first measure asks if local, state and federal officials should be required to enforce U.S. immigration laws “to secure our borders.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Immigration measures

Yes, but even if overwhelmingly supported, these measures usually die when Texas lawmakers get their hands on it.
    We passed a measure for photo ID to vote, but our REPUBLICAN David Dewhurst killed it.
    We also have a liar Republican governor who would no doubt veto any effort at actual immigration enforcement. Republican leaders have turned their backs on Texas citizens. I don't trust any of them, (except Ted Poe and Dan Patrick), and they are seriously outnumbered.

Voted early today really because of the referendums, in my small town it is predominately Democrats and the voting which takes place in a tax assessors office appeared better prepared for democrats then for republican voters such as myself. I also found that democrats were offered paper ballots while republicans were given electronic voting only. Perhaps some Texas voters can explain this to me.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.