Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration Officials Arrest Six Men In Ft. Mitchell

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/05/17/arrests.html

At least six suspected illegal immigrants were arrested at an apartment complex in Ft. Mitchell Wednesday.

Their arrests are the latest in a recent crackdown in the Tri-state.

The arrests came after US marshals were serving a summons for a man wanted for questioning in the Fischer Homes sub-contractor case.

When they arrived at the Fountains at Lakeside Park apartments they found other men they believed to be illegal immigrants.

The marshals called customs enforcement officers and the men were arrested. "Doesn't really surprise me. I've been hearing a lot of the news and hearing a lot about it, but haven't really seen too much about it," said Tony Clare, a neighbor. "Now it's in my neighborhood."

Whether they're in this country legally or not, Clare says the apartment complex is home to many Spanish-speaking people.

"They're all really friendly," said Clare. "I just actually gave an extra DVD player that I had sitting around. They're all very friendly, always say hello."

It was federal authorities who paid a visit to Kirkland Court Wednesday afternoon.

US Marshals based out of the federal courthouse were there first and then called in customs officers.

"There's single bedrooms and two bedrooms supposed to be four people and there are usually about ten of them," said Griff Howard, another neighbor.

Those arrested there are just beginning the process Raul Florez started when authorities arrested him along with 75 other undocumented workers.

"He's never been in trouble he's been here for nine years and he's never ever ever been in trouble," said Barbara Johnson.

Johnson is ready to follow Florez back to Mexico.

"I'm going to leave here and I'm going to go there where he's at and marry him in his country," said Johnson, "and then start the process of paperwork to come back here."

In the meantime she says authorities want to keep him as a material witness in the Fischer Home sub-contractor case.

"I think they're just trying to reel-in more contractors," said Johnson.

A spokesperson for Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) says there may be an initial hearing in federal court Thursday morning for the six arrested on Wednesday.

Also on Thursday, President Bush is expected to make a visit to the US-Mexican border.

I think they're just trying to reel-in more contractors," said Johnson.
    I hope they start cracking down HARD.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Nothing to worry about, ICE and Bush will release them. Probably even give them $50 for dinner for disturbing them.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Johnson is ready to follow Florez back to Mexico.

"I'm going to leave here and I'm going to go there where he's at and marry him in his country," said Johnson, "and then start the process of paperwork to come back here."
    Well there you go folks. Proof that enforcing the laws works. By the way don't let the door hit you in the a** on the way out.