Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration Officials Can Be Sued, Judge Says

Immigration Officials Can Be Sued, Judge Says

Published December 17, 2010

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Director JohnMorton pictured. ICE officials may be in trouble in the future after a judge ruled that they can be sued for a breach of the constitution.

The judge dismissed the government's argument that ICE officials are immune from lawsuits brought on constitutional grounds.

The ruling advances a civil rights suit brought by 11 suspected illegal immigrants picked up by ICE agents in June 2007 in New Haven.

Lawyers for the men tell The New Haven register that the decision has wide-ranging implications.
    U.S. District Court Judge Stefan Underhill refused to dismiss the charges against the agents, as well as their supervisors, including former agency head Julie Myers.

The suit was brought by student law interns and their supervisors at the Jerome N. Frank Legal Services Organization at the Yale Law School.

An ICE spokesman says the agency does not comment on pending litigation.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2 ... z18RFKoZcp

WELL DON'T THIS JUST BEAT ALL! JOHN MORTON SUCKS I BET AFTER HE'S SUED HE'LL WISH HE'D A DEPORTED EVERYONE OF THEM!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Director JohnMorton pictured. ICE officials may be in trouble in the future after a judge ruled that they can be sued for a breach of the constitution.

The judge dismissed the government's argument that ICE officials are immune from lawsuits brought on constitutional grounds.
    I should have figured. When I read the first two paragraphs above, I thought - Wow! a ruling in our favor, that we can sue the Feds and/or ICE for not enforcing immigration law! -- But I was just momentarily delusional. Of course, this about the civil rights of illegal invaders to sue our Fed gov. How silly of me.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Me too

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow

I should have figured. When I read the first two paragraphs above, I thought - Wow! a ruling in our favor, that we can sue the Feds and/or ICE for not enforcing immigration law! -- But I was just momentarily delusional. Of course, this about the civil rights of illegal invaders to sue our Fed gov. How silly of me.
    I thought the same thing-LOL. I was about to repost it all over twitter!

A breach is a breach. Why can't families that have suffered losses at the hands iof illeglas that the government "chose" not to deport sue?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

But no rights for American citizens who have been harmed by an illegal immigrant. Apparently, we have no standing in our courts or with our government.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Does this mean its time for class action lawsuit against Ice and possibly one against the Obama Administration? If one could be pulled off I would definately sign up even if it didn't win just the pure pressure of millions of Americans signing up in a suit against government groups ignoring a clear understanding of the US Constitution.

Yes its a stretch but I think one could make reasonable grounds to at least proceed to trial.

Judge Says Case Against Immigration Officials in New Haven R

He was nominated by U.S. President Bill Clinton to fill a seat on the court vacated by Peter C. Dorsey on January 26, 1999 and was confirmed by the United States Senate on June 30, 1999. He received his commission on July 7, 1999. Wiki

Judge Says Case Against Immigration Officials in New Haven Raids Can Proceed
    By SAM DOLNICK
    Published: December 17, 2010

A federal judge ruled late Thursday that the former chief of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency and other senior officials could be held liable in a lawsuit claiming that federal officers violated the constitutional rights of illegal immigrants arrested in predawn raids three years ago in New Haven.

A trial and a final ruling are still months away, but Judge Stefan R. Underhill of the United States District Court in Bridgeport ruled that the civil rights lawsuit could move forward, handing a significant victory to advocates of immigrant rights in a case that could have national implications.

The arrests drew wide attention, in part because New Haven officials had been adopting policies to bring illegal immigrants out of the shadows. The raids began on June 6, 2007, two days after the city’s Board of Aldermen approved a plan to offer identification cards to all city residents, including an estimated 15,000 illegal immigrants.

Judge Underhill ruled that the lawyers representing 11 of the arrested immigrants had presented enough evidence that senior federal officials created an environment “under which constitutional violations occurred.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    **** You

Yeah! **** YOU!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast