Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Immigration Ordinance Getting International Attention

http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp?S=5211963&nav=5ka4

Immigration Ordinance Getting International Attention

Friday, July 28, 4:53 p.m.
    By Rosa Yum

Hazleton's new ordinance aimed at cracking down on illegal immigrants is now attracting international attention.

A crew from the Japan Broadcasting Corporation, NHK, was in Luzerne County Friday to report on Hazleton's new immigration law.

The NHK correspondent explained why people in Japan would be interested in a local issue in Hazleton, Pennsylvania.

"We don't have history to accept many immigrants. But in America, I found it a very complex problem," said Kensuke Okoshi.

"Initially, CN from Canada came and made an interview. We also had people from Germany that are going to air in Germany, in France, in Switzerland and in Austria," said Hazleton community leader Agapito Lopez of the international attention.

He said the international interest in this issue may be a good thing because other countries may face similar immigration problems.

"Having international coverage will expose exactly what they're doing with the immigration law here," he said. "I think there are mixed feelings here. The mayor told us illegal is illegal."

The Japanese TV crew wanted to get the story from the other side and was able to arrange interviews with two undocumented immigrants.
    Lopez served as translator.

"They come because of the opportunity that they have in American which is a country of immigrants, made up of immigrants. So they came only to work here. And they are in agreement that those who come to commit crimes they shouldn't be here," Lopez said.

Japan is a country with a strict immigration law. Viewers there will get a chance to see part of America's struggle with the immigration issue when the report on Hazleton airs in Japan next week.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Someone should get that Japanese crew our NC story!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Pronto, quicko, like immediately, even!!!

Why is Japan so interested in this? They have strict immigration laws it says so it isn't a problem for them. More globalism stuff maybe???
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Jean:

From what I understand, the Japanese people think that many Americans are rather dumb. And the reason for this is because we (Americans) let our government lead us around by the nose. Hard to dispute that !!!!

Japan has become westernized to a degree. But they still hold to a lot of the old culture about respect and honor. I've actually had a Japanese tourist ask me where they could find the "wild west cowboys and indians".

They are such an orderly, ultra civilized society, that they find our actions somewhat disorderly.

To get a clearer picture of Japanese mentality, watch the "Last Samuri". It's an amazing movie.

Cheyenne Woman -

Yes, I see what you mean. But on the other hand it may appear that our leaders disrespect their citizens and themselves by now following the laws that they have passed.
    I understand their sense of honor and respect. I have admired them for that.
    Yes, I saw "The Last Samuri." Agree, great movie.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We get a lot of Japanese visitors here in Colorado. And sometimes, I feel like a "specimen under glass", when they're around.

I'm sure the Japanese are appalled by the way we're treated by our government. The whole concept, I think, is very alien to them. Like of like breathing water.

I'm guessing that's why they're so interested in what will happen with this immigration issue.

The real cowboys aren't in government, that's for sure.

I've actually had a Japanese tourist ask me where they could find the "wild west cowboys and indians".
    Cheyenne, they come down here with cameras looking for them. We still have a stockyards and it's like the old west. We even have a daily cattle drive down the middle of Exchange Street with long horn cattle, cowboys on horseback.... The tourist eat it up. I must admit, it must be cool to stand on the sidewalk and watch one of those beast go by. I personally, do not like walking around in cattle, even though I was raised around them. I'm afraid they will turn on me. I've been exposed to a few mean ones.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)