Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration picture is changing before our eyes

Immigration picture is changing before our eyes

Friday, July 15, 2011 02:50 AM
    By Michael Barone

The United States is a country that has been peopled largely by vast surges of migration — from the British Isles in the 18th century, from Ireland and Germany in the 19th century, from Eastern and Southern Europe in the early 20th century, and from Latin America and Asia in the past three decades.

Going back in history, almost no one predicted that these surges of migration would begin — and almost no one predicted that they would stop when they did.

Thus when the 1965 Reagan Immigration Reform Act was passed, almost no one predicted that we would have massive immigration from Mexico. Experts told us that immigrants came in large numbers only from Europe.

From 1980 to 2008, more than 5 million Mexicans legally entered the United States. And Mexicans account for about 60 percent of the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants in the U.S. today.

Immigration policymakers have assumed that the flow of Mexican immigrants would continue indefinitely at this high level. But now evidence is accumulating that this vast surge of migration is ending.

The Pew Hispanic Center, analyzing Census statistics, has estimated that illegal Mexican entrants have been reduced from 525,000 annually in the 2000-04 years to 100,000 in 2010.

“The flow has already stopped,â€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Mexico has finally become a majority middle-class country, former Foreign Minister Jorge Castaneda argues in his recent book Manana Forever? Mexico has more cars and television sets than households now, most Mexicans have credit cards, and there are almost as many cellphones as people
    After 25 years of exporting the uneducated, chronically poor to the USA where they are cared for with government social programs allowing them to become assets to Mexico.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What we need to do now is reverse the problem by deporting any illegal aliens still here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Northern California (moved back to fight for our land and freedom)
    Am I the only one that thinks this is a crock of "stuff"? They are still coming across the border. And, if they don't find a state to take them in they keep going until they do.
    Even more important, things have changed in Mexico. Its birth rate has fallen from seven children per woman in 1971 to 3.2 in 1990 and two in 2010, barely enough to prevent population loss.
    The middle class in Mexico might be having less kids, but the poor that are running across our border are still having seven anchor babies as fast as they can once they get here. I lived in Arizona and now I live in California. They are all over the place. Can't speak English and kids all over the place. Hand outs, hand outs, hand outs.
    This article is like telling the pest control company, "Well, I only saw two mice." He pulls three hundred dead mice out of the basement once he fumigates.

previous post

This is pure BS. I am convinced that the Cartels main function besides making money is to keep the Mexicans from returning home to that Sh' hole they call a country. That is Mexico's main concern. They have out bred themselves and need their citizens to remain in the US and send money home. I am patiently waiting for our war with Mexico. It will come eventually.

I wonder how much of Mexico's new found wealth is the result of remittances.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

I've said it before...the US is nothing but a steam valve for messico to offshoot their poor into.

The United States is mexico's welfare system! That has not changed and is not likely to!

"The World's Dumping Grounds!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote "Mexico has grown its way out of poverty"

They have sent all their poor to the USA to send remittance back to Mexico from their USA welfare check.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast