Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration Protesters Rally At Lott's Office

Jackson 05/31/07
    Immigration Protesters Rally At Lott's Office

By Wendy Suares
    wsuares@wlbt.net

A group of protesters is outraged Senator Trent Lott is supporting the controversial immigration bill now before the U.S. Senate. SB 1348 strengthens the Mexico border and provides a path to citizenship for illegal aliens already here.

Dozens rallied at Lott's Jackson office Thursday carrying signs that read things like "Security first. Amnesty never." Protesters took shots at the proposed legislation and Sen. Lott, who on Wednesday said the bill is not perfect, but "it's better than nothing."

"Senator Lott has stated people in Mississippi [have] no problems with this bill," said protester Kim Wade. "But as you see now, we are a cross section of Mississippi and we are vehemently opposed to this bill."

SB 1348 adds more border patrol agents and erects 300 miles of barriers. A temporary worker program would require workers to go home after two years and reregister.

And the 12 million or so illegal aliens already here could have the chance to become citizens. That's the part of the bill that has so many taking a hard stand against it.

"They're breaking the law just by being here," said protester Robbie Hughes. "And it's costing Mississippi a tremendous amount of dollars"

It's costing about 62 million dollars a year, according to State Auditor Phil Bryant. His latest figures show 122 thousand illegal immigrants in Mississippi, leaving tax payers with the bill for health care, education, and public safety.

Sen. Lott said it would be "practically impossible" to locate and deport all the illegal aliens already in the US. He said, "They should have to pay a fine, undergo background checks, be constantly employed and pay taxes, and go to the back of the line for citizenship papers - all required in this bill. And if I can make these provisions even stronger, I will."

"If nothing else, take a step back," said Wade. "And give us time to go over the bill in detail and hash it out. But at this point, there's no way this bill can be supported in any form or fashion."

Wednesday's rally was co-sponsored by Eagle Forum of Mississippi and MFIRE (The Mississippi Federation For Immigration Reform and Enforcement.)

http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=6595157
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    It is not impossible to deport the illegals that are here, not at all ,they will and do bust there self It just takes the effort I the bone headed senators would like I can take the to hundreds to hundreds of illegals today. Just in my area. just ask me.

The new he bill is so far from perfect it is unreal.
    The do nothing ,we cant attitude is killing me.
    When will people like the Bone headed Sen. Lott get this… when an illegal steals from his family or hurts him personally ,I could only guess.,

Shout it in the streets America, Scream it in their face they will hear us!!!
    "Security first, Amnesty never."

There's no way this bill can be supported in any form or fashion." BY ANY AMERICAN

I love this story, or more specifically, the fact that dedicated patriots are protesting Lott. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lott is just repeating the silly talking point that "we can't round millions of illegals and deport them."

We don't have to. Reduce illegal immigration through enforcement of existing laws, building the fence, going after employers and cutting off all non-emergency benefits etc. so they self-deport. In others words, through ATTRITION!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)